Irp1402

Lowell Claim Form - old O2 Debt - poss SBd

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 741 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm a new user and would like some advice as to what to do with the the claim form

Issue date from County Court Business Centre 27 Nov 2017 received through my door on the 29th Nov 2017

Particulars of Claim

The Claimant's Claim is for the sum of £931.55

The Defendant entered into an agreement O2 (UK) Ltd

under account reference xxxxxxx

The Defendant failed to maintain the required payment and the service was terminated.

The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 28/03/2013 and notice given to the Defendant

Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £862.55 remains due and outstanding.

And the Claimant claims

The said sum of £862.55

interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984

at a rate of 8.00% per annum from the date of assignment of the agreement to the date of issue (28/03/2013) accruing at a daily rate of 0.189 but limited to one year, being £69.00

Plus Costs

I ran my own business that went under thanks to woolworths owing mr £170k, a whole host of debts had been mounted up, I'm not sure of the exact date of the agreement with O2, I defaulted around Nov/Dec 2008.

I went through a bad break up at this time, became depressed and swept everything under the carpet.

I may have received letters from O2 but not sure. I went for the option that if i didn't acknowledge any letters then it would eventually become statute barred.

I've never acknowledged any letters from Lowell's.

And now this turns up on my door step!!

I thought this would've come under statute barred

Can anybody advise me what to do please?

Many thanks

irp

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

Please read the following link and then copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice on dealing with this claim.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue – 27th Nov 2017

Date to acknowledge) = 15.12.2017

date to submit defence = 29.12.2017

What is the claim for –

1.The Claimant's Claim is for the sum of £931.55

2.The Defendant entered into an agreement O2 (UK) Ltd under account reference xxxxxxx

3.The Defendant failed to maintain the required payment and the service was terminated.

4.The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 28/03/2013 and notice given to the Defendant

5.Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £862.55 remains due and outstanding.

6.And the Claimant claims

The said sum of £862.55

interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984

at a rate of 8.00% per annum from the date of assignment of the agreement to the date of issue (28/03/2013) accruing at a daily rate of 0.189 but limited to one year, being £69.00

Plus Costs

What is the value of the claim? £1061.55

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Mobile Phone Account

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? I'm not entirely sure but could've been 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not Sure

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure too long ago now

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not that I'm aware of

Why did you cease payments? I ran my own business that went under thanks to woolworths owing me £170k, a whole host of debts had been mounted up, I'm not sure of the exact date of the agreement with O2, I defaulted around Nov/Dec 2008.

I went through a bad break up at this time, became depressed and swept everything under the carpet.

What was the date of your last payment? Not sure of the exact date but had to be in 2009

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management planicon? No

I know I'm sketchy on dates but surely this is Statute Barred?

If you can give me some help on how to respond it would begreatly appreciated.

go ring o2 and ask last payment date

if its SB'd it will make things so much easier and kill the claim dead.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

thanks dx i’ll Ring them tomorrow and post back

I've spoken to O2 they've just told me the account is closed with no details at all on their system!!

Not sure what to do now?

what date was it closed?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

August 2012

then that's within 6yrs

get back on the phone to them.

Ask again

if they mess you around demand to speak to a supervisor

under the

Prevention of Fraud Act

AND

the Data Protection Act

they MUST hold data for 6yrs

tell 'em to stop faffin around else you'll be straight on the phone to the

information commissioners office

and be raising a complaint against them and seek financial compensation where applicable

spreadsheets