Virgin Mobile Mis Sold & Credit Check

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, seeking advice of the legal variety...

Over a month ago now,

Virgin Mobile called me as an existing customer to try to upsell me a new phone and tariff.

After discussion an offer was made that was too good to decline.

A new S8 and suitable tariff for £29 per month over the period of 24 months.

The offer was made of two parts,

a loan for the device at £25 per month and the tariff of £4 per month.

At the end of the 24 month period, I would just be paying the tariff of £4 per month.

I was pleased with this offer and accepted.

I confirmed the offer several times and each time it was verified by the representative.

On the basis of the offer made and accepted,

I agreed to undergo a credit check for the purpose of the loan part of the offer.

The credit check was duly scored and passed.

The representative advised I would receive three emails, the first relating to the credit agreement.

I was instructed to click the link in the email and accept the terms of the credit agreement at which point the device could be dispatched.

While on the phone still to the representative the first email arrived but it contained details of a credit agreement for 36 monthly instalments, not the 24 agreed. I raised this with the representative who ultimately advised that the offer made still stands and that I should proceed and accept the credit agreement.

I advised that the agreement is wrong and so that a new one should be sent.

The call finished and I waited for a corrected agreement to arrive.

But it did not.

No further emails arrived.

Only two text messages advising that I had upgraded and that my tariff.

I called Virgin Media the next day to query the agreed sale and after discussion with that advisor, I requested a complaint be made.

The advisor stated I would be contacted within 48 hours about my complaint.

In the following 5 days I received no contact from Virgin (only other than to chase why I hadn't signed the agreement).

I then wrote to them laying out the situation and my complaint asking them to honour the offer.

No response had been received to that letter

I wrote another advising that I demand they remove the credit reference score they made from credit agency records, which has still not received a response.

It is clear that Virgin have no intention of addressing his complaint.

The issue for me is that they have performed a credit check against me based on a mis sold product.

That credit score needs to be removed.

1) how do I go about getting this done?

2) who can I complain o to ensure Virgin are exposed for this practice?

Thanks

Mr P

A credit check is just a footprint to show they have looked at your file to confirm you are who you say you are. same would apply to an insurance co who you then decided not to take a policy with.

It does no damage and doesn't change the CRA's mystical numbers. It cant be removed and anyway it was done before they offered you the contract, not afterwards so not related to any problem you subsequently had.

If you are saying that there is a credit agreement in your public files that is wrong then yes, they should correct it but that will only indicate its current status so showing its existence and amount due or paid in the past so it wont matter about how long the agreement was for, the amount or any terms applied to it, just whether you are paying on time.

Asking for things that are beyond their powers or just completely incorrect so as to appear to be gibberish wont have helped you in this matter so to answer the last questions, you cant if the data recorded is correct.

They did a 'hard' credit check/score - an actual credit application. That does affect future credit scoring, even if it was not taken. I subsequently queried this with Experian after reading your reply telling me I was asking for things that are completely incorrect or gibberish.