Marstons letter re: Bus Lane fine from 2yrs ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just received a letter from Marstons about a bus lane fine which had been passed to Northampton and resulted in a judgement for the Bailifs to collect the fine or goods.

The original fine was for a bus lane infringement in Leeds.

I have received no notice from anyone at all about the fine until now.

We moved over two years ago and the first thing we did was change our address details with the DVLA for both licence and car ownership papers.

What is the best way forward?

We have emailed the council and got a standard reply back.

Thank you.

when did this occur? When did you receive paperwork?

When did you move?

Were you at your current address when this happened?

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I have just received a letter from Marstons about a bus lane fine which had been passed to Northampton and resulted in a judgement for the Bailifs to collect the fine or goods. The original fine was for a bus lane infringement in Leeds.

I have received no notice from anyone at all about the fine until now.

We moved over two years ago and the first thing we did was change our address details with the DVLA for both licence and car ownership papers.

If you had not received any previous notices, then it is a simple matter to resolve by submitting an Out of Time Witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All bailiff enforcement will then be placed on hold for a few weeks whilst your application is being considered.

If accepted, the warrant will be revoked and the local authority will re-issue a fresh Notice to Owner allowing you to pay the charge at the earlier discounted rate.

What date roughly was the CCTV contravention?

When roughly did you update your address details with DVLA?

• Confused 1

Thanks.

The CCTV contravention happened Jan 2017

We moved Sept 2015.

All authorities were informed of the move at the time of the move.

I will get on with sending an Out of Time Witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

Thank you very much for your help.

The CCTV contravention happened Jan 2017.

We moved Sept 2015.

All authorities were informed of the move at the time of the move.

I will get on with sending an Out of Time Witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

The contravention was January 2017. Following the contravention, the local authority would make a request to DVLA for keeper details. I would hazard a guess that the search (of DVLA records) returned your previous address. If so, this would indicate that you had not after all updated DVLA when you moved address. If so, please be very careful indeed when drafting your Out of Time witness statement.

Before drafting the forms, could you get hold of your V5C. Turn to page 2. You will see a small box at the very end of the page on the left hand side. There will be a date in this box. Can you post back to let us know what date is recorded.

It turns out that DVLA did not receive the change of address details for the V5C. I cannot find the V5C now so I presume it was lost on route to them. i haven't needed it until now and didn't realise it hadn't come back.

There are so many people to inform of a change of address it's easy not to notice these things.

Where would that put us now?

Thank you.

opps but nothing new for DVLA they lose stuff all the time.

so you don't have a current V5C?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...