Old CCJ/CO for LV Loan - dca wants me to increase ordered payment

nucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

About 5 years ago a debt I had was assigned to a DCA and a payment plan was agreed, the value of the debt was then £4750.

THe DCA then decided to take me to court because I could not increase my payments

they managed to get a CCJ against me for paying £20 per month.

At the time the judge actually asked the DCA if they wanted to put a charging order on the debt and if so they could apply to do so.

Despite my protests another hearing was established and the judge granted the charging order.

The DCA also asked for interest on the debt to be applied but the judge said a debt under £5000 could not have interest applied.

Since then I have paid without fail every month £20.00 as ordered.

However due to financial difficulties and other debts I eventually went on to an IVA which I have now been paying for 3 years.

My IVA practitioner said that the CCJ was separate and I should continue to pay that as it was now a secured debt and did not form part of the IVA.

I recently had a letter from the DCA saying that my £20 per month is up for review

I have to submit to them proof of my earnings and outgoings so they can assess my monthly payment.

I explained to them that this was a CCJ and £20 was agreed by the court but they are saying that under new FCA rules they can assess my financial circumstances and if I can afford to pay more then they are entitled to more.

The CCJ never said this.

The thing is under the terms of my IVA if there was any more I could pay then surely the IVA gets any extra and not the DCA.

Any advice on this please, is there a new rule under the FCA?

Can the DCA enforce me to provide my income/expenditure?

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

load of ole twaddle!! from a DCA but what else do you expect they are not bailiffs and totally powerless

who's the debt/sols and what s the original debt all about?

why didn't you defend the claim>

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just continue to pay what the Judgment Order stated...£20pm...if they wish to alter it they have to go back to the court at their cost.

Do not send any personal financial details of Income and Expenditure.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I thought it was a load of twaddle.

The original debt was an uninsured loan from LV.

I did defend the claim,

in fact I remember it well,

I was in Court for an hour and spent many hours putting my claim together,

I disputed the fact that the company were unable to provide IMO an original loan agreement

but the Judge said that the reconstituted agreement was satisfactory and since I had been paying the debt anyway I did owe it.

I have to say that "kangaroo court" came to mind.

Especially when the judge said at £20 per month it would take a very long time to settle he would have no objection to the company submitting a further court claim for a charging order as it was clear the debt had to be paid.

He said that the company could not enforce the charging order without coming back to Court if I failed to pay

but said that if I ever sold my house it would guarantee payment of the debt "one day" .

I argued that if I paid the debt then the company should not be able to apply for a charging order to be applied anyway

but he said legally they could as it was a way of ensuring that they would eventually get their money.

Guess I will have to see what they do,

if they have to take me back to Court then so be it

but I can ill afford any further Court costs as any spare cash I have is tied up in an IVA.

" Guess I will have to see what they do, if they have to take me back to Court then so be it but I can ill afford any further Court costs as any spare cash I have is tied up in an IVA."

Wont cost you anything....and doubt they would anyway

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

sound like judge lottery to me

urm an old Liverpool Victoria loan, 99% of those were totally unenforceable

that's why they sold hem to fleecing DCA's

who was the dca?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...