I reported benefit fraud

Lostcrown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This woman who has recently been treating me like **** for being mentally ill (bipolar) I reported for benefit fraud.

Do you think I did the right thing?

Another YES.

This behaviour tars every benefit claimant with the same brush.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

She works at my local shop cash in hand, has a mobility car and is on esa and pip.

She might be doing permitted work, just because it's cash in hand doesn't necessarily make it illegal.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

If that's the case then the referral will not pass go and no action will be taken.

Better safe than sorry.

You might not feel that way if you were on the receiving end of a DWP compliance interview. I would personally never report benefit fraud unless I was 100% sure of my facts.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

She told me she's been on benefits since she was 16, now early 40's. I don't think it's permitted work plus she deserves it, treating me like a fruitcake when I have a mental illness.

I do wonder why she's on esa.

You might not feel that way if you were on the receiving end of a DWP compliance interview. I would personally never report benefit fraud unless I was 100% sure of my facts.

As a FES Investigator it wouldn't bother me as I would know I had done nothing wrong, but horses for courses.

One can never be 100% sure of the facts, do you have access to DWP systems, payroll records, bank accounts etc of the people you suspect so that you know what has or hasn't been declared, what capital is held etc? No hence why a referral is made and investigated to whatever outcome.

“just because it's cash in hand doesn't necessarily make it illegal.”

WTAF?

Some people do get paid cash in hand and some companies do put this through their books. It saves on bank charges for mainly cash type business, it's not illegal as long as it's reported to the taxman and logged in the business accounts.

Cash in hand is not necessarily avoiding tax. They might self assess, or its confused that they get paid in cash(with a payslip)

But I think in the context in this thread its paid "under the counter"

If it is paid cash and avoiding tax and not declaring income to DWP then I hope they throw the book at her.

I pay tax, and I'm fortunate enough to pay quite a bit every month. I dont mind paying. Its a civic duty ( and law) to pay.

I dont mind the government paying out in benefits to people who are entitled to it. ( disregard cuts etc,I have no control on that)

But what really pee's me off is people lying to get benefits they are not entitled too.

Cash in hand is not necessarily avoiding tax. They might self assess, or its confused that they get paid in cash(with a payslip)

But I think in the context in this thread its paid "under the counter"

If it is paid cash and avoiding tax and not declaring income to DWP then I hope they throw the book at her.

I pay tax, and I'm fortunate enough to pay quite a bit every month. I dont mind paying. Its a civic duty ( and law) to pay.

I dont mind the government paying out in benefits to people who are entitled to it. ( disregard cuts etc,I have no control on that)

But what really pee's me off is people lying to get benefits they are not entitled too.

I disagree. Many years ago I used to get paid cash on a Friday by my employer in a little brown envelope....

The military used to pay cash.

Neither of those examples are cash in hand which has always inferred dishonest and underhand dealings when it comes to declaring...

....but it invariably means it is...

You need to quote my next line.

I cannot "help" people that take the wrong meaning of cash in hand. I made It clear that I know the difference.

Its suggested that this is an under the counter payment. Which Is completely different.

I suspect we are saying the same thing but differently....

As an aside, is it just me or are your posts going missing? Threads are not showing up on my subscribed feed yet when logged out they show on new posts page.... bug?

Yes we are saying the same thing, I just agree with your 1st Line of " I disagree"

Yes posts going missing, not showing up and also going to a "post not available" page when clicked on latest posts. I suspect bugs

As a FES Investigator it wouldn't bother me as I would know I had done nothing wrong, but horses for courses.

One can never be 100% sure of the facts, do you have access to DWP systems, payroll records, bank accounts etc of the people you suspect so that you know what has or hasn't been declared, what capital is held etc? No hence why a referral is made and investigated to whatever outcome.

It is my experience that benefit fraudsters are generally very stupid and unable to keep their thieving mouths shut. It is a matter of some pride on the estate to be successfully screwing the system and they do like to let everyone know about it....

OP,

that is why they have hotlines for peope to phone.

As already said,

they have access to a lot of data and intl and wouldnt be telling you or anyone else about what they dig up anyway

so you should take no satisfaction or remorse for your actions, it is just passing a bit more info on.

As for cash in hand,

there are many places that just "net out" these payments

but a retail shop will find it harder to do that than say a hairdressers because of stock control. etc.

There was a case a few years ago where a restaurant owner local to me spent his time completely rewriting every order and using a second till to ring up all of the sales he wished to show the taxman and hide the others so he could pay staff in cash and avoid VAT, NI etc.

I cant remember what is was that made the taxman suspicious but they send people round t0 make trial purchases and so on.

When I worked in a pub as a student we had a (tax)man order a meal and then sat there and counted the peas to deterine whether profit on a plate of food tallied with what was indicated on the books.

His appearance made him stick out and the behaviour was the icing on the cake.

Brewery then dropped the manager in it to save their own skin.

Wouldnt be surprised if this lady's employer did the same.

Having been reported and had to go through a compliance interview, I agree with you completely.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks