Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



been with britisg gas since 2006 had a prepayment meter fitted in 2008 by choice decided it was easier paying upfront

Earlier this year after going on the energy review sites i decided to go on monthly billing

so had the prepayment taken out

(prior to switching supplier )


received a final statement for the prepayment meter

stated i had an outstanding balance of £291.74 ( was gobsmacked )

reading further it stated there was an outstanding balance of £790.69 in 2008 when the prepayment meter was installed and they had clawed back £498.95 through the prepayment meter


needless to say this came as a bit of a shock had to my knowledge never had arrears and in 2008 £790.69 would have been nearly a years usage


rang several times on on the last lengthy call had the £291.74 supposedly outstanding



however i dispute the total £790.69 alleged debt i have never had any billing related to that debt

therfore i would like a refund of the £498.95 i wasnt aware had been taken from my prepayment meter


is this feasible how do i proceed

obviously have no billing records from 2008


thnx in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm BG, pain in the rear!!


STOP discussing financial issues over the phone, you NEED to have a paper trail.


Start their lethargic complaints process, once 8 weeks has passed, or a 'deadlock' letter has been sent to you, escalate it to the energy ombudsman.


Have you checked your credit file at all to see what is on there?


Did they ever send you anything claiming you had a debit with them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

you need to get all of the old meter readings and bills from them for 2006-2008. Might have to do a SAR if they wont hand them over voluntarily. Compare with what you paid the for the relevant period and then go from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes SAR time.



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...