• Tweets

• Standing order, payment via a debit card to online account ?  If you are making payment from your end, it is you authorising and not them having your bank details.            
    • You are the OP of this thread. As I said, I doubt the OP of the original question is following this as she has more important things to worry about.   I'll ask you this:   1. have you ever been in a Magistrates' Court when a Statutory Declaration to set aside a motoring conviction was made?   2. If so did you ever see the maker quizzed or questioned  to test their honesty in connection with the SD?   3. Have you ever seen such a Declaration rejected for want of truthfulness (rather than a procedural or administrative error or mistake)?   My answers to the above would be as follows:   1. Yes on, I would estimate, at least two hundred occasions (six or seven on one day last week alone). It may be more, I've never kept a proper count.   2. No, never.   3. No, never.   Now it could be of course that I have been particularly fortuitous and that all the makers of those SDs were paragons of virtue and/or that all the Magistrates concerned were exceedingly gullible and believed everything they were told without question. On the other hand it could be that during their training the Magistrates were instructed that when hearing an SD they were simply witnessing that it had been made before them and that they were not testing its truth. I imagine they were either shown or have probably seen since a copy of this form which is completed before making an SD:   https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/criminal/docs/2014/crim-pr-form-part37-statutory-declaration-revised-feb-2014.pdf   In the "Notes for Guidance" is this:   "Under the Statutory Declarations Act 1835, the defendant’s declaration can be made before anyone who is authorised by law to hear it (e.g. a solicitor), or before any Justice of the Peace (a magistrate or District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts). The person who hears the declaration need not enquire into the truth of it. That person’s function is limited to hearing the declaration, and certifying that he or she has done so by signing it. If the declaration turns out to be untrue, the defendant making it may be punished for perjury."    The bold type is my emphasis so I think I know which of my two scenarios above is more likely. I hope this wasn't too rude or arrogant for you and  I'll leave it at that now. But I will ask you (politely) once again to please stop providing misleading information to people who have enough to worry about. It confuses them, others have to correct it and it leads to unnecessary stress for the posters.
    • Thank you for your help, just to clarify please. In the CPR 31:14  request do I just ask for 1. the agreement .....etc and delete the the items 2. to 6. as listed since these have already been sent to me by the claimant (btw the 'solicitor' is IDEM's litigation dept) or do I ask for all the documents again as they are part of the 'Particulars of the Claim'    Thank you again
    • As its council tax, they have no right of entry, so don't let them in, and they cannot force entry nor  climb through windows, but cn walk through unlocked door  They have no right to snoop into your bank accounts, and would be in serious trouble if they did.  I'm sure others will be along soon with further advice/suggestions.  Did you apply for Council tax Relief, if not do so NOW, and get your local council member involved pronto as in now.
    • Sorry its so complicated right now.... totally temporary but totally complicated.  I just dont want bailuffs knocking in the interim, thats my main concern. The standing order is going out still to Lowell,  what was happening was other things were going out the same date and that was leaving not enough money in the bank to pay lowells SO.....hence it looked like Id just stopped paying, hence CCJ. It went out last month and again this month though.
  • Our picks

scubatony

Anybody, had, dealings-with, Judicial-Conduct-Investigations-Office

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 730 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I am about to start proceedings against somebody in the judiciary and by a quick search I have found this website https://judicialconduct.judiciary.gov.uk/ .

Before I delve headlong into it has anybody had dealings with this Investigations Office ?

All replies answered.

Hi there

I am about to start proceedings against somebody in the judiciary and by a quick search I have found this website https://judicialconduct.judiciary.gov.uk/ .

Before I delve headlong into it has anybody had dealings with this Investigations Office ?

All replies answered.

You say "all replies answered", but in many of your previous threads you "don't want to give away too much" and are all "secret squirrel".

In one such example over 3 years ago, I noted:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426819-Simple-Can-a-criminal-witness-statement-be-used-in-a-civil-trial&p=4555224#post4555224

It is your right to ask a "simple" question, and to not give details.

The hazard is that the answers aren't always "simple" and may turn on the details. There is usually "a rule" but often the details give "exceptions to the rule ", with exceptions to the exceptions due to the details more common than rare!

Are you again wanting precise answers to an imprecise stated scenario?.

What relevance do other's interactions with the JCIO have unless the circumstances are similar?.

Hi there

There are many many people reading these threads, and now the CAG is viewable on Twitter it is even more so.

Put it like this, if I had found a really good deal on a new car and there was only one vehicle left do you seriously think I would tell all and sundry, "no of course not".

I have sent you a p.m.

Tony

Hi there

There are many many people reading these threads, and now the CAG is viewable on Twitter it is even more so.

Put it like this, if I had found a really good deal on a new car and there was only one vehicle left do you seriously think I would tell all and sundry, "no of course not".

I have sent you a p.m.

Tony

No but looking at your past posts I do believe you would ask advise about the performance of the car but refuse to give details about the make and model, probably just stating it had " four wheels and is green".

What's the point in seeking advice when you don't give enough information in the first place? I wish you well.

Thanks for your advice

You've quoted yourself, so you seem to be wishing yourself well.

If you were trying to address the comment to, me:

a) You didnt quote me, and

b) I'm not the one looking for advice, you are.

To continue your car analogy: how can someone advise you on the performance of a car based on it being green, and having four wheels? YOU are the one seeking advice ... where have I sought advice and not given enough details (at least, if details weren't given initially, where have I not given relevant details when asked!).

Following on from your analogy, It is easy to ask about the performance of a 4-year old Golf GTi, giving the engine BHP, without saying "and I've seen one dirt cheap at garage"!

Going 'secret squirell' or asking for threads to be closed because you don't want to give information helps no one.

If you can't sufficiently anonymise your situation and want secrecy / confidentiality, you may have to find a solicitor or a free legal advice clinic ; online may not be the place for you.

Starting with the basics, was the most recent behaviour you want to complain about within the last 3 months?

Does it fall within heading a) or b):

a) The use of racist, sexist or offensive language

Falling asleep in court

General rudeness

Misusing judicial status for personal gain or advantage

Criminal convictions

Failure to declare a potential conflict of interest, or

b) A judgement, verdict or order

Sentencing decisions

What evidence should be, or has been, considered

The award of costs and damages

Whose attendance is required at court

Who should be allowed to participate in a hearing

Recusal - whether a particular judge should preside over a case or hearing

Allegations of criminal activity for example, perverting the course of justice ?

In effect, is it a matter of personal conduct, or about a judicial decision / judicial case management?

Typical

I ask for "Anybody, had, dealings-with, Judicial-Conduct-Investigations-Office" as seen in the title to the thread.

What do I get somebody who has the best intentions and copies and pastes direct from their website, https://judicialconduct.judiciary .gov.uk/ which I am quite able to undertake.

Without risking 'the other side' learning of your plans :

You sent me a PM. Thatt led me to believe you hadn't seen that page I quoted from, as from the contents of your PM ; the matters you mentioned would lead the JCIO to be unable to consider your complaint.

so, you may be able to undertake copying and pasting the information, but you seem unable to understand its significance!.

I also note that you haven't actually answered .... so why do you feel the JCIO can act, on the information you sent me in PM?.

If you doubt my assessment, I I can re-post the PM, since it doesn't get anywhere near identifying you or your case! (but would only do so with your permission, since it was a PM).

If you don't want people to assume you haven't understood the JCIO webpages, stop acting like it.

asking for threads to be closed because you don't want to give information helps no one.

Who could have guessed that would happen, eh?.

scubatony, we don't remove threads unless there are legal reasons like a threatening solicitor's letter.

If you want to attract the attention of the site team, it's better to report your relevant post using the black triangle in the grey strip at the bottom of the post.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum