BW letter re Lennon LIverpool Airport PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too received a PCN for stopping for a matter of seconds.

have had the usual DC ( newlands, DRP and Zenith )

each dealt with a " debt denied" and court protocol procedure

.I have now received a letter from BW legal

at first it looked very professional compared to the others.

They are claiming £54 costs according to the terms of parking

( I have asked for a copy as they have not been provided)

also their statement concerning CCJs is very cleverly put

to make you think that the mere fact that you are taken to court

and lose will mean you will have a CCJ against you which may effect your creditworthiness and employability.

This will make a lot of people pay up.

What is not mentioned is that a CCJ against you is only applicable if you lose and don't pay.

This tactic is used because if the "client" is so confident of winning,

why are they using a debt collector ( who cannot take you to court)

it is a total scare tactic which I have reported to trading standards.

They will ask for your reasons for not paying don't tell them as this tactic is to assess

whether you know your stuff or not.

Stand firm and threaten back,

there is plenty of advice on forums.

If I do get taken to court ,

after making sure they are genuine papers

I will be back for advice but I am sure I've more chance of winning the lottery.

you need to start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

JLA is not relevant land as it is covered by bye laws therefore POFA is not applicable,further costs !!!!!!

What you must remember

" at this moment in time there is no debt"

You are disputing it,

therefore until a judgement is made in the county court no debt exists.

As they cannot take you to court,

they cannot add costs.

I have a very strong "debt denied" letter which mentions all the protolcols

they must abide by if there client wishes to take you to court.

I will post a copy if anyone requires it.

Hi and welcome. If this letter you have is one you prepared and not copied from another site, it is always useful to see things from a different angle.

If I recall, JLA have said in the past that there are bylaws but they don't rely on them anymore. Well, tough. The bylaws are there for a reason and until repealed, they stand.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

JLA and VCS know that if the byeleaws are enforced any money collected goes to the treasury and not them. Of course they dont want to enforce the law, it is in their interests to tell lies and collect and share the loot they are not entitled to.

Hi and welcome. If this letter you have is one you prepared and not copied from another site, it is always useful to see things from a different angle.

If I recall, JLA have said in the past that there are bylaws but they don't rely on them anymore. Well, tough. The bylaws are there for a reason and until repealed, they stand.

Thank you for the greeting,the letter I have was drafted by a retired lawyer who was appalled by the predatory tactics used at JLA

Thank you for the greeting,the letter I have was drafted by a retired lawyer who was appalled by the predatory tactics used at JLA

Would you be able to send it to me via Private Message as even though it was drafted by a brief, it may be copyright so if the site team could read it first then place it here, that would be brilliant.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I'm not sure if it is on other sites.The lawyer who drafted the letter explained he thought it better to send this letter than ignore.

Would you be able to send it to me via Private Message as even though it was drafted by a brief, it may be copyright so if the site team could read it first then place it here, that would be brilliant.
I am out the country until next Tuesday.I will message it to you.

I am in a very similar position to the OP relating to a visit to JLA back in September last year. I have previously appealed to VCS (without naming the driver) but the appeal was denied as expected.

Just received the latest letter from BW Legal and I would like to reply with a "debt denied" letter. Would you be so kind as to PM a copy of the letter template too ?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

I am in a very similar position to the OP relating to a visit to JLA back in September last year. I have previously appealed to VCS (without naming the driver) but the appeal was denied as expected.

Just received the latest letter from BW Legal and I would like to reply with a "debt denied" letter. Would you be so kind as to PM a copy of the letter template too ?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

if you aare at the BW legal stage ignore them

theres little point in sending stupid letters

to a powerless DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

start a new thread

of your own and tell us your story with dates and letters sent/received.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Will PM it to you next week

please keep things on thread

but anyway neither of you will be able to PM each other anyway

you are too new

and they

Thanks in advance.

Adam

The retired lawyer who drafted the letter said it is useful for people (like me) who have ignored all correspondence( which is old advice) he thinks that VCS will take court action against,thinking they have a good chance of you ignoring the court papers and therefore getting a CCJ in your absense.

You havent ignored, you appealed and they didnt allow your appeal. You have the right to appeal to an independent adjudicator or take the matter to ADR if you wish ad that latter right doesnt become time barred like the appeal to the IAS kangaroo court..

So VCS might want to try their luck at court but you can shoot that down by saying that you want ADR or by simply asking for "discovery" of their evidence under CPR 31.14 or 31.15.

Your absolutely correct,

I am posting what I have been told ,

hoping someone may find it useful,

I been getting DCA letters for two years.

I believe VCS have been know to send out bogus court papers.

Proper papers have a reference number and official court stamp.

sometimes

best idea is to always call the court involved.

if you have any doubts.

doesn't always have to have a real stamp

ref number could just be a white sticker

and they

Not all court papers have a stamp, the ones issued by computer from Northampton dont but they will have a unique claim number that will tell you who and when as far as the issue goes. VCS havent done this but at least 1 other parking co has used an old claim number they were involved in to put the frighteners on people. It was reported but yet again, no criminal case was brough against them for this even though it breaks several laws.

If you do get sent a mock court claim report it to the MoJ. They wont do anything but if enough people report you can then get an MP to ask how many have been reported and someone will then get a boot in the backside to "do something"

i'm not sure if it is on other sites.the lawyer who drafted the letter explained he thought it better to send this letter than ignore.

i have the same situation with bw legal -could you send the daft through private message please?

i have the same situation with bw legal -could you send the daft through private message please?

Hello and welcome to CAG.

We don't offer advice by PM, it's not the way we operate. Please start a new thread and tell us your story so the guys can advise.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, as a newbie, you don't know our rules properly. If you haven't read them, please do so however, CAG prefers to keep everything out in the open. A draft defence can be posted openly so long as it doesn't identify anyone.

The debt denied letter,useful for sending to debt collectors acting for VCS

Dear Sirs

Our ref: xxxxxxxxx

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxxx.

Firstly,I have no intention of paying the money demanded by your client and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended. .

Second,should it be your clients intention to start court proceedings,they must provide a Letter Before Claim which complies with the requirements of Annex A Paragraph 2 of the Practice Direction on Pre-action conduct.

Please note that a failure and/or refusal to comply with the Practice Direction will result in a complaint being made to the court and an application for a stay of action and costs pursuant to the provisions of paragraph 4 of the Practice Direction on non compliance and sanctions.

In the meantime,you should note that this charge is disputed and you must now refer this matter back to your client and cease and desist all contact with me.Failure to do so will result in a complaint to the Credit Services Association.

I trust I have made myself clear.

Yours faithfully

that will do nicely. If they then write back with a load of twaddle about how they are acting on behalf of and are going to do or say this and that ignore them, you have your denial and paper trail so dont waste a tree on them.

Thanks for the advice.

They have ignored the letter and written back,

three pages of extra costs,

the landmark decision of Beavis v Parking eye

,CCJ against me

,the instructing of bailiffs etc,etc.

This letter could tip someone over the edge,

it's discussing that they can get away with blatant harassment.