julpet

Premier Park Exeter Road Braunton PCN - Dark, did not notice that payment was required in evening

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have received a PCN from Premier Park for parking in Exeter Road Car Park in Braunton, Devon.

I parked in this carpark for 20 mins at 19:06 and it was dark.

I did not realise that it was a paid car park as the notices were not that clear and lighting was low.

'Contrevention date': 2nd November, 2017.

The issue date of the PCN: 8th November, 2017.

The PCN requests £60 if paid by 14 days from issue date or £100 afterwards.

I have googled around and this car park seems to have a history of this issue.

I do not live any where near the car park, I cannot get images etc.

From what I have read, Premier Park provides images in daylight or with a strong flash to 'prove' that they have enough lighting.

I cannot provide this evidence, but even in the images that they have provided on the PCN form shows how dark it is.

Could you provide me with any advice for a potential defence.

Also, if I apeal to Premier Park (which I expect they will turn down) and then go to POPLA, will this mean that if I am refused, they will charge £100.

Any advice is appreciated.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

On the assumption that this car park is opposite the Co-Op and the Post Office AND, the signs haven't changed in the last year or two then there are grounds for challenge. Insufficient signage for one but we need someone to go and get actual images from the site in question. I cannot read any of the signs on Google Streetview

As Premier Park are members of the BPA, they will automatically reject you but then must give you a POPLA code to take it to appeal. Around 50% of appeals succeed with POPLA.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You ask if PP will charge £100-

well if you intend paying up then yes they will.

most of the parking co's dont do things well enough to actually offer a contract that is meaningful so generally our advice is to fight it all the way.

You have already noted that you werent offered a contract because it was too dark to see their inadequate signage and that is enough for a judge to be satisfied.

How far are you willing to go with this is the real question because the parking co's will often take people to court when they have no hope of winning because they know most people give up and pay up at this point so it becomes a numbers game