style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 646 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Perfect home problem if any one can help.

My friend has a sofa with them 1/3rd paid,

they had a benefit change earlier in the year around July time and things got interrupted then onwards due to the time scale the change took.

Priority debts are being paid but finding it difficult to pay perfect home the required amount.

Last Monday another 'visit' took place where the foot soldier announced if payment was not made this week a bailiff would come to remove the sofas.

even a message relayed through their 7 year old son who answered the door around 4 30 .

The tone of the representative was confrontational as well.

What is the best way forward in dealing with this please if anyone can advise.

Hi

This is a known issue with these rent to own products.

NO, they cannot remove the sofa. They would need a court order to do that.

NO. They won't sent round a bailiff as there has been no court action. Perfect Homes staff have lied to you.

I would be writing to their head office and complaining about the attitude of their staff members and mentioning the change of circumstances. These companies should have a policy in place where they are able to assist those in financial difficulties.

If these people come back, try and get a recording of them. Anything caught on camera which breaks the rules can be used against them and you may even have a claim for harassment. Don't let anyone in.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the advise, I thought along these lines.. just needed some clarification on the best way in handling this.

don't forget to reclaim the hidden insurances....

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Is this the direction to deal with all hire purchase companies? As they have items with bayv as well with just a handful of months left on 3 year agreements too..so far bayv have not gone to the extremes of perfect home as yet.

Companies like Brighthouse mask their insurance within the interest rate and that hasn't been challenged (as far as I am aware)

Perfect Homes and BAYV still (again as far as I know) have separate insurance policies and maintenance cover. Miss any one of these payments and they lapse so any further payments shouldn't me made as if you need to claim, They would say "Ahh, but you missed a payment so you are not covered"

These insurances were sold to people even if their own insurance would cover such claims so were missold.

I would get them back as they have had their wrists slapped on many occasion. Any refund could be used to pay off the balance of the agreement.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE