COST OF AUTOMATED DATA PROCESSING

richardc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a conversation with a friend who who is a CORGI registered gas installer. Under their regulations when a new gas appliance is fitted, the installer has to notify CORGI. This is done using an online form, paying for the service by debit/credit card.

When this is done, the information is stored in an electronic database and an automated letter is sent to the customer.

The cost - a staggering £2.50

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I have had a conversation with a friend who who is a CORGI registered gas installer. Under their regulations when a new gas appliance is fitted, the installer has to notify CORGI. This is done using an online form, paying for the service by debit/credit card.

When this is done, the information is stored in an electronic database and an automated letter is sent to the customer.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Tell him to come here and we'll get it back for him - grrr. :twisted:

Tell him to come here and we'll get it back for him - grrr. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Below are extracts from CORGI website showing the price of an analogous electronic data management and letter despatching process to the banks:

Work Notification has arrived

Work notification is now a requirement of CORGI Registration. It has been introduced by CORGI to help Registered Installers comply with Government led changes and to increase safety standards with gas work. Under the Government changes, it is now a requirement in England and Wales for all new gas installations and replacements in domestic dwellings to be notified to the Local Building Control (LBC) to ensure they meet building regulations.

This requirement is placed upon the home owner and they have two ways to achieve this. Firstly, they can arrange for a local building control officer to visit the appliance to confirm it meets the regulations. Research indicates the fee levied for this service is typically in the region of £300 but is dependant upon the borough. Secondly, the home owner can contract a CORGI registered installer who can self certificate their work and remove the need for the direct involvement of a building control officer.

Work Notification has been introduced to allow CORGI Registered Installers to meet this requirement by notifying CORGI at a much lower cost. Once work has been notified, CORGI will notify the LBC and also issue a certificate to the homeowner. This certificate will be used to form part of the Home Information Pack which will be a legal requirement when selling houses from January 2007.

To minimise the impact of notification upon businesses, notification to CORGI will be a paperless process. Notification can be made to CORGI either online at http://www.corgi-notify.com, which will cost £2.50 or over the phone by calling 0870 8888 777, which will cost £4.50.

Installers will be able to notify CORGI of an installation over the phone between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, or 24 hours a day, seven days a week online. An average call should take approximately three minutes.

Notifications need to be made for each address where work is undertaken and relates to the property. Installers will be able to notify up to six different activities per notification and can pay by direct debit, or use a credit or debit card. Installers will have 10 working days following an installation or exchange to notify CORGI. Click here to download a notification checklist.

This is exactly my view. I intend to use it as evidence if my case comes to court

The more I think about this, the better it gets.

CORGI is a non profit making organisation. They had to recover costs of setting up this quickly but charge is still only £2.50. The Banks have had 20+ years for their system.

If anyone does it by phone - i.e. manual intervention - the extra cost is £2.

CORGI also, apart from recording in a database, notify the local council and the household. These are more computor transactions than the banks perform.

I do believe that Steven shouls look this.

• 7 months later...

been looking for something about this topic, couldn't find or acces corgi stuff but did find this link, q and a about registration

http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/document(43).pdf

not sure if anyone has anything else about this that could be produced in court.

q7 and q12 on list of questions are about the above

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks