• Tweets

• again you appear not to be understanding things.....   a default does not go statute barred - as carefully explained in post 4....once it reaches its 6th birthday it along with the associated account will be removed from your file. that happening has no effect on the debt itself. it does not mean it is no owed.    your debt is NOT statute barred it has a CCJ . should the claimant fail to enforce the CCJ by it's 6th birthday, when, as with a default, it falls off your credit file, then they would need to return to court to do so. and again that happening has no effect upon the debt itself.   they both operate under the same ICO rule, quoted as in post 4..   All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years  has passed from date of default, whether paid off, paying now or not.  . This is so that someone who continues paying something  - even after 6 years from default  - should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default  and ends up with a clean file after 6 years. 
    • Pleased to say that the default has gone from my credit report due to being SB. My Experian credit score is now 978 out of 999 and excellent. Experian doesn’t show my 2 x CCJ’s. Equifax’s shows just 1.    my question is this.... clearly the debt is still owed for the SB debt, the CCJ is still live until June next year.   Can I make an offer of 10% to settle the debt now that it’s SB? If so is there a letter template that I can send to them to make such an offer?   thanks in advance 
    • Your position is not untenable in any way. You have already mitigated partially any impending disaster by opening another non Paypal linked bank account so they cannot arbitrarily seize what they want.   First thing to remember you are in control here. Whatever you offer to pay them must be something you can reasonably afford even if its only a pound a week and you must pay it to Paypal. If like me they freeze your account then there is no way you can reasonably pay them. They are not going to give you another account to pay it into.   The reason I got into difficulties with them was because I had recurring large payments being made to a supplier of mine which continued after I was rushed into hospital for series of emergency operations. When I came out of hospital Paypal had simply frozen the account which I discovered when I tried to pay money into it to alleviate the huge deficit that had accrued. So I paid nothing of what I owed. I received about 4 or 5 threatening missives which I ignored as well as any phone calls. I tried for several months to make payments into the account and in the end I gave up. Despite all the threats nothing actually happened.   If you read all the answers to your posting as well as all the other Paypal posts I doubt you will find any evidence of Paypal doing very much to enforce outstanding balances and funnily enough they do not make it easy for those that wish to repay them as I discovered.   So stop getting yourself into a flap over something that is very unlikely to be nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.   Make or start you offer to re-pay them at a figure you can easily afford then forget all about them except to make your regular payment if you can still do so.   DO NOT under any circumstances get yourself deeper into debt over this.
    • she certainly hasn't any authority to 'fine' you. what was in the contract regarding vacating the property by when?  
    • Makes the cost of the battery even worse  
  • Our picks

richardc

COST OF AUTOMATED DATA PROCESSING

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4783 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have had a conversation with a friend who who is a CORGI registered gas installer. Under their regulations when a new gas appliance is fitted, the installer has to notify CORGI. This is done using an online form, paying for the service by debit/credit card.

When this is done, the information is stored in an electronic database and an automated letter is sent to the customer.

The cost - a staggering £2.50

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I have had a conversation with a friend who who is a CORGI registered gas installer. Under their regulations when a new gas appliance is fitted, the installer has to notify CORGI. This is done using an online form, paying for the service by debit/credit card.

When this is done, the information is stored in an electronic database and an automated letter is sent to the customer.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Tell him to come here and we'll get it back for him - grrr. :twisted:

Tell him to come here and we'll get it back for him - grrr. :twisted:

Below are extracts from CORGI website showing the price of an analogous electronic data management and letter despatching process to the banks:

Work Notification has arrived

Work notification is now a requirement of CORGI Registration. It has been introduced by CORGI to help Registered Installers comply with Government led changes and to increase safety standards with gas work. Under the Government changes, it is now a requirement in England and Wales for all new gas installations and replacements in domestic dwellings to be notified to the Local Building Control (LBC) to ensure they meet building regulations.

This requirement is placed upon the home owner and they have two ways to achieve this. Firstly, they can arrange for a local building control officer to visit the appliance to confirm it meets the regulations. Research indicates the fee levied for this service is typically in the region of £300 but is dependant upon the borough. Secondly, the home owner can contract a CORGI registered installer who can self certificate their work and remove the need for the direct involvement of a building control officer.

Work Notification has been introduced to allow CORGI Registered Installers to meet this requirement by notifying CORGI at a much lower cost. Once work has been notified, CORGI will notify the LBC and also issue a certificate to the homeowner. This certificate will be used to form part of the Home Information Pack which will be a legal requirement when selling houses from January 2007.

To minimise the impact of notification upon businesses, notification to CORGI will be a paperless process. Notification can be made to CORGI either online at http://www.corgi-notify.com, which will cost £2.50 or over the phone by calling 0870 8888 777, which will cost £4.50.

Installers will be able to notify CORGI of an installation over the phone between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, or 24 hours a day, seven days a week online. An average call should take approximately three minutes.

Notifications need to be made for each address where work is undertaken and relates to the property. Installers will be able to notify up to six different activities per notification and can pay by direct debit, or use a credit or debit card. Installers will have 10 working days following an installation or exchange to notify CORGI. Click here to download a notification checklist.

Surely this is good evidence. If CORGI can do this for that price - then the banks would be in breach of duty for doing it for excessivly more?

<font face=arial size=1>Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.</font>

This is exactly my view. I intend to use it as evidence if my case comes to court

Maybe Stephen Hone should use it, if his case ever goes to court.

<font face=arial size=1>Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.</font>

The more I think about this, the better it gets.

CORGI is a non profit making organisation. They had to recover costs of setting up this quickly but charge is still only £2.50. The Banks have had 20+ years for their system.

If anyone does it by phone - i.e. manual intervention - the extra cost is £2.

CORGI also, apart from recording in a database, notify the local council and the household. These are more computor transactions than the banks perform.

I do believe that Steven shouls look this.

been looking for something about this topic, couldn't find or acces corgi stuff but did find this link, q and a about registration

http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/document(43).pdf

not sure if anyone has anything else about this that could be produced in court.

q7 and q12 on list of questions are about the above

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4783 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you