Help With Moorcroft Please they want more money

MW2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have been paying a credit card debt for just over 18 months now at a rate i can afford

up until OCT 11 never had any hassle over it, that was until Moorcroft took over.

I have now been getting constant letters telling me how much they will except( nearly 4 times what i have been paying) each month.

Although they originally stated they were happy for my previous arrangement to continue,

they have asked for an I.& E form to be filled in to which they got a short sharp reply along the lines of get stuffed!!

Is there some thing i could send them to tell them to be happy with what they are getting?

Hi, they have no right to I&E data, you are

in charge not them.

A colleague here on the forum has an excellent

reply to such demands.

''Dear Cur or Madman,

With refence to ACC. No. xxxx and your recent

correspondence, I really must thank you for reminding

me I need to do my I&E satement and now having

done so I find that due to the cuuent financial climate

I must reduce my monthly payment from £xx per month

to £x per month effective immediately.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

Will you please answer these questions then I might be able to help?

1) Who was the previous creditor?

2) How much did you pay before?

3) How was this amount arrived at?

4) Do you have other debts and if so are you in arrangements with them?

I suspect you will still need to provide an I&E for them though, and if this is done right you will end up paying the same as before.

Why do they need to provide a I&E??? They have no right to this, I have been asked for this from many dca's and I have simply told them No, I tell them what I am paying and it's never been more than a couple of pound if they are not happy tough, Not one of them has done anything about it. Apart from their usual threats!

Hi,

Will you please answer these questions then I might be able to help?

1) Who was the previous creditor?

2) How much did you pay before?

3) How was this amount arrived at?

4) Do you have other debts and if so are you in arrangements with them?

I suspect you will still need to provide an I&E for them though, and if this is done right you will end up paying the same as before.

Hi IzzaCon as a very new user here do you have prodfessional experience

in this matter??

BRIGADIER2JCS

Site Team.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi IzzaCon as a very new user here do you have prodfessional experience

in this matter??

BRIGADIER2JCS

Site Team.

Post unapproved

Hi

You are right, they are not obliged to provide an I&E but my understanding in this case is that MW2's objective is to maintain his monthly payment at the same amount as with the previous creditor. If that is the objective, then a simple I&E showing that the monthly payment is the most MW2 can afford, it is likely to be accepted by Moorcroft.

If there are other objectives, they can be dealt with differently.

To answer Brigadiers question, yes I have professional as well as personal experience. I am certainly not a DCA and I do not work for any creditors. The posts I make on here are my personal opinions based on my knowledge and personal experience and are intended only to help if I can.

Ok, if there was an arrangement already in place with the OC and the DCA is now attempting to renege on the arrangement then it might be worth having a read of the following :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

This kind of unfair treatment is a common story on the Consumer Action Group forum. It is unfair for the creditor to renege on the instalment agreement. It is also highly unprofessional of any debt collection agency to buy debts where there is an instalment agreement in place.

I have quoted just one comment from the article linked above, so please do take the time to read ALL of it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

andcheck your /cra file

hope this debt shows?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and thanks for all the input.

The fact is when moorcroft took over the payments they sent me a letter stating the monthly payments would continue as before and yet they have done nothing but try to up the payments since!!!

They will have to be happy with what they are getting because they won't get no lordotic me!!

Wont get no more that should be !!

OMG today after paying my normal monthly payment i receive a letter stating i have failed to pay the agreed monthly payment amount

( i didnt agree to pay it,

i even have a letter from them stating they are happy to continue the payments i was making)

and unless i send them the difference which is an extra £80+ they might advise their clients to commence legal proceedings!!!

Are these guys for real!!!

instead of keep focusing on these hamster bedding letters

get the cra done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Got to laugh.....

Every month I make the same payment and a couple of days later get a letter from these morons telling me I'm behind with my agreed?? Payment.

But at least the amount they are now willing to accept has come down this month!!!!!!

Yipee

Lowlifes have sent me a nice letter telling me they will not contact me again until such a time as they have my agreement, could be a long wait then!!