Universal Credit phone number

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know when the government going to provide the free phone number for UC like they promised?

I am still hearing about people being on hold for 20-30 mins or more and then getting cut off when they finally get through!

Also why can we not claim back these wasted on hold phone calls?

Or even travel expenses for repeated trips to the JC to repeatedly provide all the info they ask for then fail to record it correctly?

So claimants have to repeat the trip to the JC to yet again provide the same info?

I am hearing about some people having to go multiple times to provide the same info, one even went 12 times!

Does anyone know when the government going to provide the free phone number for UC like they promised?

I am still hearing about people being on hold for 20-30 mins or more and then getting cut off when they finally get through!

Also why can we not claim back these wasted on hold phone calls?

Or even travel expenses for repeated trips to the JC to repeatedly provide all the info they ask for then fail to record it correctly?

So claimants have to repeat the trip to the JC to yet again provide the same info?

I am hearing about some people having to go multiple times to provide the same info, one even went 12 times!

Who knows?! This is the DWP, they make things up as they go along.

Ironically I missed a call from them this morning at 8.27am - yes, on a Sunday saying they would call me back later (yeah OK!) Obviously just letting me know about my ZERO points on my WCA and I won't be paid this Thursday and to claim UC and wait 6 weeks for a payment (more likely Jan 2018 given the date now)

Every penny for bills and rent will now be paid by credit card until I get a payment (which will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than my ESA and HB) until I get a payment and if I end up not being able to pay the CC so be it, my credit score is shot to bits anyway so I am past caring now.

With A&D I am not going to let this sickening government make me more ill, morally wrong but someone else canpay my bills as I can't with no income coming in. Tough cookie

Ironically I missed a call from them this morning at 8.27am - yes, on a Sunday saying they would call me back later (yeah OK!) Obviously just letting me know about my ZERO points on my WCA and I won't be paid this Thursday and to claim UC and wait 6 weeks for a payment (more likely Jan 2018 given the date now)

Every penny for bills and rent will now be paid by credit card until I get a payment (which will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than my ESA and HB) until I get a payment and if I end up not being able to pay the CC so be it, my credit score is shot to bits anyway so I am past caring now.

With A&D I am not going to let this sickening government make me more ill, morally wrong but someone else canpay my bills as I can't with no income coming in. Tough cookie

If you do get 0 points I hope you will be appealing!

Phone the UC new claim number Monday morning first thing and get your new claim up and running. Then you won't be waiting 6 weeks for money, as the new claim will run from whenever the old claim was stopped. You might just get less money, but at least you can pay some bills without running up too much of a credit card bill.

If you are going to appeal the WCA, then there is a process to be followed. The UC people will see you are coming off ESA and possibly appealing your WCA so will take this into account.

Worse thing you can do is dwell on this not doing anything and then make your situation worse. Just follow the process and see what happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Phone the UC new claim number Monday morning first thing and get your new claim up and running. Then you won't be waiting 6 weeks for money, as the new claim will run from whenever the old claim was stopped. You might just get less money, but at least you can pay some bills without running up too much of a credit card bill.

If you are going to appeal the WCA, then there is a process to be followed. The UC people will see you are coming off ESA and possibly appealing your WCA so will take this into account.

Worse thing you can do is dwell on this not doing anything and then make your situation worse. Just follow the process and see what happens.

They just called back, got the inevitable ZERO which was expected. They asked if I was appealing, I said "not sure" Currently doing y UC claim on line right now! Not gonna worry about it as I refuse to get ill over it!

If it's an 0345 number, some mobile providers have 0345 included in their "free inclusive minutes".

But check with your provider before calling.

Or just not worry about the cost as the bill won't be paid anyway as you can add it to the rent arrears, lack of food, unable to top up gas and electric and whatever else you cannot do for 6-8 weeks before you get a PENNY from the inhumane UC scheme.

Basically this whole thing has made me simply not care anymore, I never used to be like that but if the country I was born in and paid tax in for many years cannot pay me what I am owed (my money, not the governments!) for nigh on 2 months and considerably less than what I deserve then why should I care about paying back credit cards etc?

Bitter? You bet your life I am with good reason to be.