ignored claimform - Vanquis Credit card debt order of payment received

MRS_P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My mother in law passed away recently

during this time I got a claim form for a credit card.

I had too much going on and still do and couldnt respond to claim form.

Default judgement

Claimant then asking for £50 to pay instalments each month on £600 debt by 19th of last month, couldn't pay, didn't even think about this.

Court have now ordered I pay full balance by Monday 06/11/2017 or will pass to bailiffs

I can't afford this and can't bare the thought of escalating debt collector charges too.

I am not sure what to do

Can't even bring myself to speak to the claimant, never have done.

The debt was with vanquish credit card on high rates with quite a few £12 late payment charges.

They have the last 2 letters of surname the wrong way round same on the actual account itself.

Not sure if this is in any way relevant.

Hi

Default judgement

Claimant then asking for £50 to pay instalments each month on £600 debt by 19th of last month, couldn't pay, didn't even think about this.

Court have now ordered I pay full balance by Monday 06/11/2017 or will pass to bailiffs

I can't afford this and can't bare the thought of escalating debt collector charges too.

I am not sure what to do

The debt was with vanquish credit card on high rates with quite a few £12 late payment charges.

They have the last 2 letters of surname the wrong way round same on the actual account itself.

what do the orders say, was there an instalment order.

did the last order give the option to object.

one poss option could be a time order application.

another could be a further realistic instalments application, or perhaps a set aside if applicable.

not sure as your post is bit vague on the full circs.

but, you'll need to act quickly.

Sorry.

Notice of issue of warrant

I have ordered to make a payment to the court on Monday. There's no option to dispute this.

The original default judgement included a instalment option.

I have my my mother in laws death certificate of this helps

ok, so you need to try and get the the warrant suspended, and try for a realistic instalment order or set aside if applicable. form n245

a bit late, but it ould still be done

How would I set this aside.

Do you think I should speak to the claimant and ask them to withdraw if I agree to a payment plan?

cant see you being able to get this set aside if you ignored the claimform totally.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You failed to attend the first hearing and failed to submit a defence so Court rightly issued a Default Judgement against you. No offer/payment was subs made, so Co rightly applied for full payment of outstanding debt.

Co may yet consider a sig down payment & binding repayment plan. This is your 'last chance saloon.

How would I set this aside.

Do you think I should speak to the claimant and ask them to withdraw if I agree to a payment plan?

agree with the guys, a set aside doesn't look like a way forward.

you could try and see if the claimant will agree to a suspension of the warrant application.

if suspended, you'll then have to stick to the payments ordered otherwise the warrant will kick back in.

think your idea the best Ford

stick a variation order in by an N245

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Default judgement

I am not sure what to do

Do you have a solid defence? If so, you might try for a discretionary set-aside (CPR 13.3). Even so, the court might not allow the set-aside as you could have / should have defended the claim.

Otherwise, follow the advice you've had.

fair point. even if the family bereavement was accepted as a reason for not dealing with the claim, there might not be much in going for a set aside if there is no realistic defence as you say. apart from perhaps trying to avoid a ccj via a tomlin, if it was set aside. but, then any tomlin wld need to be adhered to. and, if not set aside, then poss stung for hearing costs re. etc.?