BankFodder BankFodder

khy86

Sportsdirect warranty on faulty products instore **RESOLVED**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 838 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I purchased 2x hiking sticks from Sports Direct 2 months ago. Whilst using them i realised one was longer than the other. Upon further investigation i realised one of mine was missing a piece to make it complete.

Few days ago took it back instore asking for a replacement of the same product but was told that SportsDirect only offer 1 month warranty on all their products, even if they are faulty. They basically refused all service on the matter and was told something identical at a different store.

Are they correct in only offering 1 month? As i thought warranties were supposed to be 6 months

stuff all to do with any warranties.

CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Warranties are worthless

Its the CRA you need to quote.

Also, and I mean no offence by this.

Speak to the manager not the spotty Herbert just out of nappies behind the till!

Ah ok, thought warranty was always the thing to quote. The first person i dealt with was the manager, and he basically fobbed me off and told me to complain to head office.

I'll try a different store and will quote the CRA this time. Hopefully the next one is educated.

Tell us which branch it was please?

also what brand of sticks. If they have a social media presence a head up to them about Mike Ashleys appalling customer service migh get them putting the boot in

This was the Harrow on the Hill store (not Debenhams one).

Regarding the brand, i already considered going direct to them, but quickly realised after browsing the website that is was awfully similar to the SportsDirect website. Didn't take long to realise Gelert are owned by SportsDirect.

Almost gave up caring as they are so cheap, but considering i need them next week, going to stick to my rights.!

I didn't get anywhere with a pair of trainers that disintegrated after 3 days, yes, that's three whole days.

Twitter, Facebook, head office, ceo, all to no avail.

I decided to cut my losses and accept that i had lost £12.

I left negative feedback in many places, but the internet is flooded with them, so i don't think they care at all.

I came across something called resolver and was going to use that. Decided to try a different store one last time armed with the CRA, and they changed it no questions asked even before I got into the legal jargon.

They were willing to change both to 2 new ones as well. A huge inconsistency between 2 different stores but atleast it’s resolved.

glad its sorted

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..