Lowells 2xPAPLOC now Claimform - Old Vanquis Card debt

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i didn't expect that. A preliminary hearing is where they try to see if they can help resolve the dispute?  We will be given a final hearing date in due course. i wouldnt have thought with such a case there would be this process

Scan redact and upload whatever you have received ...we cant read between the lines when you don't even say what you have received.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

no need to hide dates.

so when is it..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The remote hearing was today, the one i prepared the bundle and WS for. The judge simply said we will hear from court

- i received letter order notice to small claims track

- received remote hearing letter

- just had remote hearing today

- advised in call we will receive further notice with standard 14 day pre court hearing date request for all documents. tbh it was a bit mumbled but presuming we will recieve further communication with final hearing date.

Just thought it was odd, all the judge wished to know was if he could help with the dispute at all, would let me speak just to say if its still in dispute or not

Just called the courts, was advised this was a preliminary hearing and details now passed to the audit team who will draft an order and i will receive further notice in the next 5-7 days

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update got court letters - a hearing is set for march 2021. I need to submit hard copies of all supporting documents to all parties atleast 14 days prior to hearing. Should i hold off or get this out the way now? What i have submitted online is the final documents anyway right. Its juts i heard of the DC's sometimes trying to submit more info last minute

might be better to let them ..see if they want to play their cards first, don't forget you are a litigant in person and have certain leeway.

don't forget, there's a better than average chance they'll discontinue too ...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi guys i have the final documents from claiment

They added to their claim, do i need to respond in my statement or stay with what i have?

i also have seen they added all my content, do i need to do the same?

ive posted the first page content page showing 111+ pages and additional statement they provided

Trial Bundle additional.pdf

Is there anything new within their SWS that requires challenging ?  If not there is no need to respond and you stand by your original witness statement and defence.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy,

To be honest no, i dont think so it just tries to fluff up their claim from what i can see. i will just submit what i did for the preliminary hearing which i posted up here before.

One thing im curious about is 2 hours are allocated. The only experience i have had with judge/magistrate is setting aside a SD some 15 odd years ago, which lasted 10 minutes. Is there some guidance or resources for the type of questions i may be asked and how to prepare myself in the hearing?

I suppose it could be dealt with within 2 hours if its straight forward.....with regards to procedure both parties will be called into court number xxxx at the allotted time..the judge will have reviewed the paperwork and then proceed to ask questions of both parties. He will go through the initial claim and defence and statements...anything he picks up on he will seek clarification from either party.

Obviously its impossible to know what he may ask or ask anything at all...but when he addresses you its your chance to raise the main points or flaws of the claimant claim and put forward your main points of defence.

Run through the claim...your defence...your witness statement the night before...make some bullet points on a separate sheet of the main arguments you raised and have this handy when in court then you can refer to it swiftly...then its for the Judge to determine the out come and /or what will happen next.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Andy, that is invaluable information, and very reassuring, i have some idea of what to expect. I was fearing that I was going to be grilled for two hours continuously and the prospect seemed incredibly daunting

Yes indeed I am going to prepare some notes on a separate paper as you say, it's a great idea thank you