BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Mother and father worked here and then went to SA in about 1978 returning to UK in about 1996 and worked here until 2016 when her husband died at age 66.  He was still working at the time.  She then went to live with daughter in SA.  Mother only claims for her pension. 
    • Thanks, I owe the money, no issue with that, I will SAR the company.  If I need to just pay it and have the CCJ for a few years so be it.  Just thought I'd explore all options
    • By the way you wrote that post, i can see that you are as confused by the situation as someone reading it. Important advice must be not to pay for any flights etc, until they understand the situation fully. Those that have British passports could be entitled to receive UK benefits. However, nothing is that straightforward. The passport does guarantee anything. The daughter could be entitled to Universal Credit ( which includes housing) as a British passport holder, but this can only be confirmed when she has gone through the Habitual Residency test (HRT). So you will need to read about HRT for British passport holders returning to the UK. There will be requirements to provide information about why they are returning to the UK and what work searches have they done to find work on their return to the UK. In regard to the mother who has a British passport, you will be correct in presuming that no council is going to be helpful in paying for the care home fees immediately on arrival in the UK. When did the mother last live in the UK ? When did the mother last work in the UK ? British embassy in South Africa may be able to provide information and assist with applications ? Just getting on a plane, landing in the UK and expecting help to resolve their situation, would be a silly thing to do. I can see the mother ending up in an NHS hospital for a period, while people wondered how they were going to deal with the situation. Probably not the first to do this, but if the mother also has a South African passport, they could put her on a plane back to SA and then the Daughter would be a difficult situation. Embassy in South Africa must be first place of advice.
    • There are online forums for people moving from South Africa to the UK. This is one of them.   https://moveup.co.za/2019/03/08/how-to-move-to-the-uk-a-step-by-step-guide/   If you want to speak to a social worker you could try the local council.   HB
    • This is not our issue, but an issue with a friend.  Our friend is living in South Africa and now suffers from dementia and is in a home.  The daughter has been paying for the home however the daughter was made redundant and has a child to support.  Daughter's husband keeps kicking her out of the house with the 3 year old boy and daughter had nowhere to go. The mother and daughter both have British passports.  Mother and father(now deceased) are British born, but daughter was born in South Africa.   The 3 year old was born in in South Africa.  Daughter is now broke and cannot keep the mother in a home any longer.  Daughter wants to return to the UK where she did live for several years previously so had NI number etc. however not sure what she can do with her mother.  The other issue is that the father is trying to get custody of the child so another issue. We, on behalf of the daughter who phoned us this morning, want to discuss with a social worker the options if any that may be open as on arrival here the mother will need to go straight into a home.  We can offer the daughter and child temporary accommodation with us.  Who should we contact? A very complicated scenario that normally we would not involved ourselves with as we are in our late sixties, retired and not that much money in the bank. 
  • Our picks

patterns

Lowells 2xPAPLOC now Claimform - Old Vanquis Card debt

On 18/01/2020 at 18:09, patterns said:

......read this and seems it got stayed....

Hi Patterns, the system tells me you have referred to one of my threads. Just for clarity, later in the thread I say that even though the 28 days has passed it turns out it wasn't stayed as I have since received an N180 from the court. Looks like we are at a similar stage. I haven't had a N180 from the solicitors yet? Have you?

HI guys, nothing back from the courts yet but i can see it was delivered

Got a letter from Lowells, which includes some documentation, a screenshot of an online application form approved 2013, statements and some letters. Same stuff as before generic t and c's with no name or dates. Default notice and notice of transfer

They reference a few things in the letter such as my details match the defence etc etc Also they are proposing a Tomlin Order. Do i need to reply to this letter, this is the 'mediation' itself right? what ive read is std practice for every Lowell claim

just looked at this post

my online form looks the same but terms i dont have that many pages, same as what i previously uploaded

last entry on MCOL -

DQ filed by claimant on 15/01/2020

Hope ive upload the image correctly this time!

Scannable Document on 5 Feb 2020 at 17_39_50-converted.pdf

Right just read another thread, seems this isnt the mediation and i dont need to respond. I wait for court correspondence

std letter from lowells

in most of their claimform threads here

safe to ignore.

I would of though your complete n180 to the court would be showing by now on MCOL mind..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Do you not wish to consider the Offer of the Tomlin Order ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks DX100uk, i just checked again and there is no note of the n180 on MCOL just 'DQ filed by claimant on 15/01/2020'

HI Andy, i guess my understanding is this is a payment agreement in which case i should've just done this before it got to the court stage. Do i not have much of a defence or is there a reason you suggest that?

The defence is good..it all depends what type of judge you get on the day that concerns me....I was simply making you aware that the Tomlin offer is a way out should you consider it.....before they have to pay the hearing fee...appoint counsel...then the debt starts to increase.... considerably...on a 2k claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy, i see... yes of course i will consider it. When you say considerably, what kind of cost are we talking about being added? is there anyway i can estimaste or quantify what this looks like?

£170 hearing fee and Counsel fees can vary but between 4/5 hundred subject to the judge allowing....possibly in total around £700 extra

HI all,

I got an email from the mediation service to call and book an appointment. I've read a bit about the mediation call. im not sure how to approach the call. Am i re-iterating my defence and maybe try to get a settlement figure?

If you have no documents as requested tell them mediation will state unable to mediate and will pass back to court

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

go read that 2nd thread you linked to in post 81

Hi Old Cogger, that depends what you mean by no documents, i have posted all the documents i received but they are not a CCA, generic T & C's and i never got the default notice or notice of assignment in time. They sent me some documents which didnt have a letter head attached from Vanquis.

Im not sure thats what you mean. Alot of comments on here are newer credit card debts can be harder to defend, i have a defence but down to the judge on the day so was going to call and state my defence and that there are a lot of charges on the account stetements they sent me so i would offer them a settlement of £400 to end the matter. But im not sure thats a good idea, thery havent done what they should

HI DX100UK i think you mean post 77, thank you ill go read again

Edited by patterns

HI DX100UK i think you mean post 77, thank you ill go read again

On 05/02/2020 at 18:03, patterns said:

HI guys, nothing back from the courts yet but i can see it was delivered

Got a letter from Lowells, which includes some documentation, a screenshot of an online application form approved 2013, statements and some letters. Same stuff as before generic t and c's with no name or dates. Default notice and notice of transfer

They reference a few things in the letter such as my details match the defence etc etc Also they are proposing a Tomlin Order. Do i need to reply to this letter, this is the ' mediation' itself right? what ive read is std practice for every Lowell claim

just looked at this post

my online form looks the same but terms i dont have that many pages, same as what i previously uploaded

last entry on MCOL -

DQ filed by claimant on 15/01/2020

Hope ive upload the image correctly this time!

Scannable Document on 5 Feb 2020 at 17_39_50-converted.pdf 662.27 kB · 2 downloads

Right just read another thread, seems this isnt the mediation and i dont need to respond. I wait for court correspondence

our no's are diff to yours

dx