application to set judgement aside cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

posted on behalf of a friend

after checking her credit file because she was turned down for credit. it showed she had a CCJ.

and has applied to for courts for it to be set aside on the basis she knows nothing about it

today she has received a letter off cabots solicitors confirming it was for a mobile phone and papers were sent to previous address.

it states that the is no prospect of setting this aside and invites her to withdraw her action

whats the next step

full?photo_id=10030744201

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=10030744201[/img]

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

if she didn't tell her creditors she'd moved

sadly unless the debt was statute barred before they issued the claim they are quite correct.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Possible if you can prove the claimant had and corresponded to the new address before issuance of the claim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

she was unaware she had a debt for a mobile. has 2 children and has mobile phones for them. but as a far has she was aware no contracts were outstanding. she just wants her chance to defend the claim

the ccj is against her.

middle of last year she move

she never told the mobile company she moved because she was unaware of any outstanding debt

the ccj was granted dec 2016

she just wants to defend the case as she still believes there is no debt. would it be worth drafting a letter to the claimant

they say they are going to oppose the application and eek cost on a contractual (indemnity) Basis. whats that mean?

it means lots more money will be added to the debt and she will be made to pay that as well if they win.

she would have to be very sure that the debt amount is not due to get this set aside.

has she done an sar to the mobile phone company to gain that proof?

if not shes gonna lose the set aside hands down.

there is this in our mobile defence we use:

8. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

but to be honest I've never seen anyone win a set aside and the subsequent re hearing of the debt purely upon the above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

" they say they are going to oppose the application and eek cost on a contractual (indemnity) Basis. whats that mean?"

If the court do grant a hearing to consider the set a side...the claimant will oppose it using counsel at the hearing and claim costs for opposing the application.

Hence you better start thinking of a valid defence to compliment the application and reasons to block their opposition to the application

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread