moonie

request for DPA Account now to be closed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Im at the same stage as you. My papers need to be with Barclays and the court by the 11th Sept. Im going to deliver them by hand the next few days. Bookworms link in a previous thread has some useful advice on what to include in the papers.

Regarding disclosure all you want is a breakdown of how they justify their costs. If their charges are a true reflection of their costs at some stage someone somewhere must have got a calculator out and worked it out. Thats what you want disclosing.

providing you do everything correctly Barclays are going to pay what they owe you. If you look at it from their point of view theres absolutely no benefit to them by paying up early. They are probably charging you more than the 8% interest so are making a profit with every day that goes by and theres a possibility that you will loose your nerve.

Stick with it, keep your nerve and look forward to the payout and when they try and add conditions on the payout tell them to get lost.

rog

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

thanks for the replies.

I've now received another letter from the court and this one states.

In view of the Claimant's letter the court is considering directing the Defendant to produce information/documentation clarifying how the particular charges deducted from the claimant's account have been calculated. That, in turn, is likely to inform any decision that the Court is called upon to make as to whether the same constitute a penalty and/or are in convention of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations. Any response from the Defendant in relation to the claimants request by 4.00pm on 13 October 2006.

That sounds pretty cool to me !

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

That does sound good doesn't it Moonie? I would suggest you may well get a call in the not too distant future, at least before October 13th in any case!

Thanks essjaysea I appreciate your advice.

It seems that as this forum grows bigger the help and advice is being spread ever thinner and finding information relevant to what you need is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

It's beginning to seem that the further I go with my claim, the more alone I feel.

Hello moonie-

I'm still at the early stages(question posted in A&L thread), but just read your post and wanted to say-

Alone you are not!

Well my claim against the woolwich is still dragging on, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

Today received notification from the court that the Woolwich/Barclays have until 14th November to serve a statement setting out how the particular charges in question were calculated and otherwise quantified.

And the hearing date is set for 29th December, so the money may not arrive in time for xmas, but it looks like we'll have a good start to the New Year.

Hello moonie -

Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with your dogged quest.

WE ARE ALL WITH YOU, YOU KNOW - AND KEEP WITH YOUR AVATAR/I.D - there's a beautiful new moon out there tonight.

Go and look - EVERYBODY!

Although I'll also be posting in the A&L thread, I'll just let all and sundry know that I have just arrived back at house to find a single letter on carpet, part extruding, flap open. It is from the Bank, the glorious A&L whp say my account with them closes tomorrow. The PO sorting codes(don't know what the stamped PO print is called otherwise)shows 26.10.06 and the envelope has clearly never been gummed down. It contains.......wait, for it........last January's Bank Statement, dated 1 February, 2006.

I have still received absolutely nothing from them following THRICE submitted(twice by fax from Branch, at their request)DAR.

I will be in there again on Saturday - no chance this last fortnight as I've been covering for someone's hol.s @Charity where I volunteer(8-ish till 18h-ish at least).

I photographed this missive as it lay on the floor, then over, finally with close-up of postal sort date.

Upon which note I'll go and look at it again - by such moments is the memory bank enriched(and NO Charges!)

Well once again the banks show their contempt for not only their customers, but the Court as well. They've totally ignored the courts direction to supply a statement as confirmed in a telephone conversation with the Court.

I'm now going to take this weekend to bundle up my papers and send them to the court and the Bank. I might also take the opportunity of writing another letter to the court, confirming that I haven't received anything from the bank either and politely pointing out how the bank fails to recognise any jurisdiction in this land apart from it's own!

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you