Backdoor CCJ MMF/Moriarty - Old WDA PDLloan

paulh1818
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Got a letter this morning from Moriarty Law that begins

'As you are aware, we recently issued court proceedings against you.'

I have received no claim form or indeed any letters for this for a few years now.

Its regarding an old wagedayadvance loan.

Letter goes on to say

'We have been instructed by our client to enter judgement against you 14 days from the date of this letter.'

Any advice please. Many thanks.

Paul.

Does the letter quote a claim number ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Give them a ring and ask for the claim number and what date did they issue the claim and to what address it was served to through MCOL Northampton...and advise them you will be contacting Northampton to confirm their claim.

Dont get into any conversation regards the alleged debt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

MAke sure they dont hold an old address for you on this one

They may try to get a default judgement at an old address and have suddenly just "Found" your new address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hold on here... Issued on the 31st August and no CCJ yet?

Up to the claimant to request judgment ....no time limit.

Ok. The claim form was issued to my previous address. I have the claim number and it was issued on 31st August. And they'll allow me to pay it off over 5 months to avoid a CCJ.

Okay so what do you want to do with this?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ok. The claim form was issued to my previous address. I have the claim number and it was issued on 31st August. And they'll allow me to pay it off over 5 months to avoid a CCJ.

But you will want assurance that the claim is stayed or withdrawn.....preferably by way of a Tomlin Order for your own assurance...assuming you agree to their offer.

I think the guy I spoke to said the case would be stayed in 6 months which is why I'd need to pay it off in 5 to avoid a ccj. I didn't really understand. And yes I'm happy to get this paid off. Just wish I had a bit more time. Thanks.

Ask for 6/8 months..but you want it in writing that they will not request judgment in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

Okay. I have an update on this. I made an arrangement to pay a weekly amount and they accepted.

In todays post I have a letter confirming the arrangement and a letter from the courts saying that judgement has been entered.

Is there anything I can do about this?

What date is on the Notice of Judgment ?

Never trust a DCA...they would sell their Grandmother for a fiver...all I can suggest is you ring them and ask why they have requested judgment given that they accepted your proposals and that you have retained all evidence of their assurances that they would not request judgment in view of your proposals...see what they say....but they do have the upper hand of being able to request judgment in view of your failing in dealing with the claim and not insisting on some form of consent order in connection with your agreement to pay.

Why don't you start an IL claim against WDA and get it written off?

If you numerous other loans and a shot credit file you should win hands down?? Just musing here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay. Thanks Andy. The amount the judgement says I must pay per month is less than half what I offered so I have more time to pay at least. But they appear to have shot themselves in the foot!

:-) Every cloud........

Hi dx. I am not familiar with a IL claim and can't find anything about it? Could it make a difference since judgment has been entered?? And thanks for your input on this. :)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?472423-CAG-PDL-Reclaim-Guide-Indepth-Step-By-Step

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...