pip - face to face assessment with Capita

shannara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi First time posting.

l had the face to face assessment with Captia.

We worked out filling the online form, l scored 28.

lmagine my shock when the the letter came back and l scored 0 on all counts.

lt was hard enough to ask for help in the first place.

Can anyone help me.

l have requested a copy of the report,

What do l do next?

To say l'm feeling low is a understatement.

Thanking you in advance

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear that this is getting you down.

I assume you're talking about the Personal Independence Payment, so I'll move your thread to the Benefits forum and leave you a link to follow. People should be along later with advice for you. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi First time posting. l had the face to face assessment with Captia. We worked out filling the online form, l scored 28. lmagine my shock when the the letter came

back and l scored 0 on all counts. lt was hard enough to ask for help in the first place. Can anyone help me. l have requested a copy of the report, What do l do next? To say l'm feeling low is a understatement.

Thanking you in advance

You have to go through the report and tear it apart.

You have to state why you disagree.

So, you can't just ask them to look at it because you need the money.

But you can ask them to look at it again because they wrote something like you can walk 100 meters without stopping, yet, you have medical stating you can only walk 5 metres.

I wrote a letter and gave a lot of examples.

The examples were something like "when I tried to do this, this happened..."

I explained how it meant I needed help from another person else I couldn't do it safely or properly.

You must be aware of the time limits that apply though - waiting for the report to arrive isn't a good enough reason to be late.

You must submit your request for mandatory reconsideration within the time limit, which will be specified in the notice you received refusing you benefit. If you don't have the report in time, then just say further details will follow when it arrives.

You should also be aware that very few decisions are overturned at the mandatory reconsideration stage so you will almost certainly have to appeal, where the success rate is approaching 70%.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.