BankFodder BankFodder

Mollypop73

Ppi capital one offset to debt with capquest

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 816 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Capital one have upheld my misspelling of ppi complaint but have written to advise me that they are offsetting it to a balance on my capital one account that is currently in a dmp. The repayments I am making to my dmp are to capquest. Is capquest part of capital one? I'm not sure if they just collect on behalf of capital one or if they have purchased the debt?! Any advise appreciated

if they've sold the debt to capquest they cant unless they buy it back.

hope your dmp is free and you sent everyone a CCA request before blindly paying them?

dx

if capquest are collecting for cap one then they can . however if cap one has sold the debt to capquest (you would of received a letter stating that then they cant since the debt is no longer theirs

just to note you wont always receive a letter from capquest. You need to find out if theyre collecting on behalf of capital one, or they bought the debt from them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well esp if yo've moved since you took the debt out and didn't tell either of them.

I would suspect its been sold

and as you are in a DMP...some years ago.

history of the card would help too..

is this on your credit file?

that should tell you the owner.