• Tweets

• How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
    • sorry Scania ..so you have a problem with the product?  
    • Morrisons supermarket sell clothing under the Nutmeg brand.  Generally, these goods are of decent quality and not too expensive. There is a fairly wide range. Like other supermarkets, their sizes should be taken with a large pinch of salt.   Unfortunately, Morrison's merchandise these clothes through an outfit called Deeset. When things go wrong then your troubles really begin.   Deeset won't reply to emails. They operate a confounded automatic phone system where your call is put in a queue. EVENTUALLY, you receive a message that no one is available to take your call.   Their shop floor workers are not allowed to order goods in for you and not allowed to phone head office.   It's inconceivable that a prestigious company like Morrison's should be involved with an outfit like Deeset, which does no good for Morrison's image.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
d54

Visa Dispute on a closed account issue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 597 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I had an account with Nationwide about 4 months ago,

at the time I had an issue with a company taking funds without permission

I contacted the bank which in turn refunded the two payments back to my account.

A short while went by I thought this was the end of the issue with the company in question.

I ended up closing my account to move to another bank which were offering a good switch to us deal therefore I did.

Move forward to now,

I've received a letter from Nationwide asking me to pay back funds of £500 as the company which I had the dispute with provided evidence to indicate the transactions were of my own, therefore they've requested me to pay back the funds into an account of which they've provided on the letter, this letter has come from the 'Payment Processing Controls'.

I've tried telling Nationwide I did not give the company permission to take funds,

the evidence the company provided were that of my details that were provided to them when I created an account with them,

I told Nationwide I had an account with them however I still did not give them permission to take money from my card,

they've simply told me I would have to take this up with the company now as there's nothing else they can do.

I don't have the funds at the moment to be pay the money back they're asking for, I firmly still believe I do not owe this money back.

I've checked my Credit Report which also shows the account as closed and satisfied.

I did speak to the Visa Disputes Team who told me there's nothing they could do to get the funds back as the account is closed,

the member of staff words being "we don't have a leg to stand on".

However someone somewhere within the bank is clearly trying to retrieve this money.

Where do I stand?

Can Nationwide legally chase me for this money?

Edited by d54

what was the dispute transactions.

if you gave them your card number

the funds were probably taken by Continuous Payment Authority

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here