BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Get to the court as early as you can and see if there are any duty legals in attendance.  If there are then you should approach them and ask for their assistance - they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.
    • I have just sent an email to the adjudicator that has dealt with this case. Just so I have some sort of paper trail, as suggested, and so we both know what is actually going on, because today it seems he has no idea what is going on. I also sent him a screenshot of the Barclays account on the Equifax site so he can see it is still delinquent.   Hi XXXXXXX.   There was some confusion today with regards to what Barclays have and haven't done and it's getting quite confusing so I want to clarify a few things.   On the 29th November, you emailed to let me know that Barclays have agreed with your solution and they would do the following.   Accept responsibility for the failed charge back and clear the amount they said I owed them, which was the charge back amount of £778.00 Pay £150 in compensation Make amendments to my credit file to reflect the fact that the debt amount had been cleared and the account is no longer delinquent Return the money I had in the bank account before any of this happened, which was £49.17  You said on the phone that they had failed to complete some of these actions.    They have completed none of these actions, they have done nothing of what you suggested, and what they agreed to do. None of the above has been done.   I have checked my Equifax credit file today, and I have attached a section of it which is the Barclays bank account. As you will see, they placed a delinquent notice on the account on the 30th May 2019. This is still there as of today. The delinquent account is in debit by £739. This is the charge back amount of £788, minus my own funds off £49.17, that I had in the account before they re-debited the charge back amount. So the charge back amount, minus my own funds leaves a debit balance of £739, this is as it is today.   You said in November, and again today, that they have already paid the £150 compensation. They have not. They did not pay that amount to me, and they have not taken it off the debt balance. They have not paid that £150 to me or the account.   They also have not returned my own money, which is the £49.17 that was in the account.   The CIFAS notice. This was placed on the account on the 30th May 2019. this is the exact day they closed the account and registered the delinquent account with Equifax. It is a CIFAS for 1st Party Fraud. They are saying I deliberately created a false charge back to obtain money from them fraudulently. As you now know, that did not happen because they admitted they made errors with the charge back I registered with them, but it is still there.   You made your decision at the end of November 2019, It is now 3 months later. They have done nothing. If they thought there was still an amount owing to them, which there is not, they should have either contacted you to let you know, or contacted me. They have done neither. So for the past 3 months I have had a delinquent account with Equifax for no reason, other than laziness on behalf of Barclays Bank.   I have also now had a CIFAS notice against my name for 9 months, for no reason whatsoever. This is an abuse of the CIFAS code of practice and extremely unfair on me. I have had no access to a bank account or a debit card for 9 months. Do you have any idea how difficult life is with none of these things, and none of this is my fault. It's the fault of Barclays Bank and its incompetent staff and for some reason they are still getting away with it and I really cannot understand how this is.   I hope this had made things clearer for you because whatever Barclays Bank are saying to you, it isn't correct. It sounds to me as if they really have no idea what they are talking about.   Best wishes.   XXXXXX.
    • Please read the following link and then copy the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice.    
    • The newspapers will be absolutely not interested at all. It's not a story that will attract them. Why do you need a solicitor? You can do it yourself for free
    • Highly appreciate this! Just incase it does not go the way I want, how do i get the papers involved, also what solicitors would you recommend?
  • Our picks

Andyorch

BrightHouse ordered to pay back £15M to 249,000 customers found to have been treated unfairly

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Rent-to-own retailer BrightHouse has been told to pay £14.8m to 249,000 customers by the financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

BrightHouse will compensate customers who had cancelled agreements after one downpayment but had not been refunded.

It will also make payments to those who signed up to lending agreements that "may not have been affordable".

The FCA said BrightHouse had not acted as a "responsible lender".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41732865

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

BrightHouse to pay back £14.8m to customers - what you need to know

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/brighthouse-refunds-compensation-customers-consumer-13803134#ICID=ios_MENNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Another link to this here

Will be getting my pen n paper back out for this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Rent-to-own firm BrightHouse has agreed to pay back £14.8 million to 249,000 customers who were found to have been treated unfairly.

Some customers will have loans written off while others will get large amounts of money refunded following an investigation and ruling by the Financial Conduct Authority watchdog.

The inquiry dates back to 2014 and concluded that thousands of customers were tied into loan agreements they simply could not afford.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brighthouse-pay-almost-15m-249000-mistreated-customers-100315524.html

its odd.

15m to pay back.

yet, they are still in business profit. go figure. it pays to pay, at joes expense.

IMO

:-):rant:

who pays, you pay. ipay (a new one there :))

what is the root of all this. it can be seen, or not, re the ghosts.

taxi, where's jonnycab :)

IMO

About time. They needed a spanking.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

£15m between 250000 customers averages around £60 per customer, cant yet see how loans will be written off or large amounts refunded with these figures but then i havent delved very deep yet.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

quite. depending on the full circs, sometimes it pays to pay. :)

IMO