Arrow/drydens claimform - old MBNA/Alliance & Leicester Credit Card

65Chap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant - Arrow Global Guernsey Limited

Date of issue – 13th October 2017

What is the claim for –

1.The Claim is for the sum of £5984.20 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with MBNA under account number XXXXX under which the defendant failed to maintain payments.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with.

3 The balance owed was assigned from MBNA to the claimant and the defendant has been notified by letter of the assignment by letter.

What is the value of the claim? - £6494.20

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? probably around 1999 and originally with Alliance & Leicester.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. ARROWS

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I may have done but don't remember for sure.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again possibly, but I don't remember clearly.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year went through a period at a different address and also had a lot of unopened mail...so as before, I can only say these may have been received.

Why did you cease payments? The company I worked with at that time, went into Liquidation and my income was then drastically reduced and hence I could not keep up with the payments on my Cards and loan. The situation was impacted further, by a couple of heart attacks and another since.

What was the date of your last payment? As far as I'm aware, not since around 2008. I had been making payments to some creditors in 2015, but I don't recall this being one of them.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No, I don't recall a dispute with the original creditor.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

Yes, first in 2007 to Alliance & Leicester.....

this in respect to the specific debt detailed here and also other debts/loans on cards and a bank.

This is something I arranged myself with each of them

- first stopping all the substantial PPI premiums I was paying on each;

requesting the interest to be frozen [agreed]

and then paying a percentage of the usual monthly payments, pro rata the size of each debt.

Assuming MBNA took the card over from A. & L. at some point,

I don't recall having had any communication with them at all.

This is a new CC claim I've received from Arrow Global, regarding an old MBNA/Alliance & Leicester credit card.

The questionnaire completed below.....as had be requested in another thread I was being helped with.

The "claim for" details provided are as written on the claim form.

Thank you.

go ring MBNA and ask the last payment date.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so unless you paid someone else then its statute barred.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is what I am hoping for but...

...I've found a letter I sent from January 2008, that references this old A.& L. account and increases the £23.19 payment to £25 per month, but it's to a different DCA.

I don't recall for how long that lasted

- certainly not more than a year or so anyway,

I'm still not 100% sure, that this account was not one I was making token payments to in 2015.

I don't believe I was....but with this uncertainty,

should I first proceed with the CCA Section 78 and CPR31.14 letters anyway and respond to the claim at the MCOL website? Thanks...

yes always

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

dx

FYI: A&L credit cards were always administered by MBNA

whose the dca you paid too:?

and they

First Revenue Assurance are arrows.

so do you know the bank account or card you used to pay MBNA then First Revenue Assurance?

and they

On making some calculations, total payment made to the DCA after the balance was transferred to them in October 2007 was £400....which at £25 per month = 16 months and hence the last payment made at that time, would have been February 2009......so more than 8 years ago.

As previously mentioned, I was making token payments on some accounts during 2015 and via a pre-paid Card. I don't think this one was included, but today I can call that Bank and order statements for years not available online. Thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

Lost the focus on this one for a number of reasons, but here is the latest timeline update as of today, 21st November.

25th October - Sent CCA and CPR requests by Recorded Delivery

14th November - Found paperwork confirming this claim is NOT Statute Barred.

14th November - The 33rd day following the claim date and 19 days since the CCA/CPR request submitted and as no reply to this, at the very last minute I filed at the MCOL website a CPR r 16.5 (3) defence etc and stating no response to CCA/CPR request - rest of the wording identical to a previous claim as discussed here on CAG.

16th November - Letters received from Claimant and Solicitor acknowledging the CCA/CPR requests.

18th November - Letter received from the Court acknowledging receipt of my defence and that this will now be served on Claimant/Solicitor, with 28 days for them to proceed or this is stayed.

Shall I edit and upload these 3 letters? Thanks...

Nope no need

and they

Lost the focus on this one for a number of reasons, but here is the latest timeline update as of today, 21st November.

25th October - Sent CCA and CPR requests by Recorded Delivery

14th November - Found paperwork confirming this claim is NOT Statute Barred.

14th November - The 33rd day following the claim date and 19 days since the CCA/CPR request submitted and as no reply to this, at the very last minute I filed at the MCOL website a CPR r 16.5 (3) defence etc and stating no response to CCA/CPR request - rest of the wording identical to a previous claim as discussed here on CAG.

16th November - Letters received from Claimant and Solicitor acknowledging the CCA/CPR requests.

18th November - Letter received from the Court acknowledging receipt of my defence and that this will now be served on Claimant/Solicitor, with 28 days for them to proceed or this is stayed.

Shall I edit and upload these 3 letters? Thanks...

But a copy of your defence would be useful for future reference.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Below is the Defence I submitted at 11.30pm on the last day and although probably not ideal, I figured this was better than none at all and would at least, hopefully avoid the default judgement.

Particulars.....

What is the claim for –

1.The Claim is for the sum of £5984.20 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with MBNAicon under account number XXXXX under which the defendant failed to maintain payments.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with.

3 The balance owed was assigned from MBNA to the claimant and the defendant has been notified by letter of the assignment by letter.

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted and it is accepted insofar that I have once held a contractual relationship with XXXXXXXXX . However I do not recollect the details nor am I aware of any outstanding balance that the Claimant refers to and have therefore sought clarity from the Claimant who have been unable to disclose any further details by way of a Section 78 and CPR 31.14 request.

3. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment the Claimant refers to within its particulars and deny the notice was served pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

4. On receipt of this Claim, the Defendant requested information pertaining to the Claim from XXXXXXXXX Solicitors by way of a CPR 31.14 request. This was posted 1st Class Recorded Delivery on the 25th October 2017 but no compliant response or the information requested has been received to-date.

5. The Defendant also requested information pertaining to this Claim from the Claimant, XXXXXXXXX by way of a Section 78 request. This was posted 1st Class Recorded Delivery on the 25th October 2017 but no compliant response or the information requested has been received to-date.

6. Therefore with the Courts permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a Claim;

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

In case there is some relevance, here is a brief summary of those 2 letters received:-

The Solicitor letter acknowledges the CPR request dated 25th October and that they are currently in contact with their client regarding the relevant documents. Further states that on receipt of these, they will agree to a 28 day extension re CPR 15.5, in order for me to file my defence.[?]

The Claimant letter also acknowledges the CCA request and states - ".....we do not accept we are the creditor as envisaged by the CCA 1974 statute" - but that they willing to assist in obtaining the required documents. Further states they will - ".......suspend collection activity in the meantime....accept for the Court proceedings, which will follow the timeframe set by the Court".

both std replies

who the sols

and they

shame paragraph 2 the default notice wasn't brought into the defence

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.