ParkingEye ANPR PCN - mistyped Reg Number - sword in the stone, tintagel, cornwallPopla appeal refused - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for long winded post but would like to give details prior to popla refusal.

We got a pcn while on holiday and definately purchased a ticket

e-mailed parking eye with the details.

They replied confirming we did purchase a ticket but typed in the wrong vehicle reg

said as a gesture of goodwill reduced the charge to 20.00.

Not knowing much i emailed them through the appeals email as this appeared the only way of contact them

stating on the top this is not an appeal but request for information asking what we typed in by mistake

what we should do in future as my husband is dyslexic and struggles with computer screens.

I got a reply saying my appeal had been refused and a popla code issued

was told the discounted amount was valid for a further 14 days.

logged onto the parking eye account and found that the fine was still showing as 60.00.

I tried to part pay but it would not allow me

I rang but it was an automated line again I could only pay the 60.00

as a last resort I wrote a letter again asking for proof of the error

could they amend the value to 20.00 as I could not pay it.

I got an email back saying they would not correspond with me further and to go through Popla.

I did my popla appeal saying that parking eye had not provide me with evidence of my error

I physically could not pay the 20.00 requested.

Parking eye then gave a vehicle search to popla as evidence.

In my return comments I said if they could provide this now why would they not give it to me when I originally requested it,

they made it impossible for me to pay the asked amount.

Popla refused my claim saying that the proof was there and they cannot get involved with disputes over customer services and the value this should be discussed with parking eye.

i am so frustrated as I could not discuss it with them,

I tried every route possible to pay the 20.00 but couldn't.

All of the evidence parking eye have submitted has disappeared from popla,

I know I may have gone about it wrong

I don't know what to do now,

do you think I have a strong case to continue

should I pay the 100 they are now asking for.

Thank you so much.

I am in a foreign country at the moment and have limited Wi-Fi but will try to connect as much as possible

1st IT IS NOT A FINE

its a speculative invoice.

nowhere do they use that word....

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry I don't have access to a lot of the information as on my pc at home but have put the info I have at the moment

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 14th August

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Not sure at moment information at home

3 Date received - it was delivered before we arrived back off holiday which was 30th August

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company?

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

well fill it in later and i'll update the thread.

there are numerous threads here on mistyped reg numbers

have a read

use the search CAG box of the red top toolbar.

parkingeye anpr typed reg

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Gesture of goodwill that thy lowered it? That shows their business for what is.

They will never be able to make you pay for it because you bought a ticket. Makes no odds about typing in a reg number

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry it sent before I finished

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement - 14th August

2 Date on the NTK

Not sure at moment information at home

3 Date received - it was delivered before we arrived back off holiday which was 30th August

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?

On paperwork at home

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Photo of us arriving and leaving the car park and times (which we were not disputing) plus search for our vehicle reg submitted to popla

6 Have you appealed? post up you appeal yes

Have you had a response? post it up see below

All of the appeal information has disappeared off Popla website, can I ask them for copies?

7 Who is the parking company? Parking eye

8. Where exactly carpark name and town sword in the stone, tintagel, cornwall

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

First appeal with parking eye

08 September 2017 Reference: Parking Charge Notice - 432762/122455

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 14 August 2017 at 14:33, at Sword in the Stone, Tintagel car park. The signage located at the above car park advises al motorists to enter their ful, correct vehicle registration into the payment machine/terminal on site. It has come to our attention that the incorrect vehicle registration was inputted on the date of the parking event which has therefore resulted in a Parking Charge being issued. As a gesture of goodwil we would like to offer you the opportunity to make a discounted payment of £20.00.

This wi l be on a without prejudice basis, however we must warn you that if this balance is not paid within 14 days from the date of this correspondence, the Parking Charge wil increase to the original value. Please note, if no payment is received, the appeal may wel be rejected and a POPLA code provided

Upon receipt of this payment the matter wil be closed and you wil receive no further correspondence from us. Payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting ww.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to the address detailed below.

Second appeal - this was in response to my request for information

15 September 2017 Reference:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 14 August 2017 at 14:33, at Sword in the Stone, Tintagel car park. We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been unsuccessful and that you have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

This is because you have not provided sufficient evidence to show that you did not break the terms and conditions on the signage.

We are fuly compliant with British Parking Association regulations on signage, and confirm that there is adequate signage at this site that is visible, appropriately located, clear and legible.

Please be advised: there is an independent appeals service (POPLA) which is available to motorists who have had an appeal rejected by a British Parking Association Approved Operator.

Contact information and further information can be found enclosed.

See also ww.popla.co.uk

As a gesture of goodwil, we have extended the discount period for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence.

If you appeal to POPLA and your appeal is unsuccessful you wil not be able to pay the discounted amount in settlement of the Parking Charge, you wil be liable to pay the ful amount.

If you have already paid the reduced amount, the Parking Charge wil be increased to the ful amount and you wil be liable to pay this increase.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services http://www.ombudsman-services.org provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal.

However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service.

As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

A payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting ww.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to ParkingEye, PO Box 565, Chorley, PR6 6HT. Yours faithfu ly, ParkingEye Team

Response to my letter asking to amend the charge (I don't have access to the letter until I return home in 7 days)

22 September 2017

Reference: Parking Charge Notice -

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 14 August 2017 at 14:33, at Sword in the Stone, Tintagel car park.

As your appeal has now been rejected and a POPLA verification code provided, we refer you back to correspondence sent to you recently.

If you wish to make further points we advise that these are raised within an appeal to POPLA.

A payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting ww.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to ParkingEye, PO Box 565, Chorley, PR6 6HT. Yours faithfu ly, ParkingEye Team

I also have screen shots of my parking eye log in showing the wrong value.

All of the evidence submitted to popla has disappeared off my popla log in.

I do have screen shots of popla's response but it won't let me attach them, I can send them through an email if it helps

I'm sorry I can't answer more fully and in a good format but I only have access to my phone, I can provide more once I get home from Egypt in 7 days but I am worried as I know I will return home to some threatening letter from them and I am really worried.

I have taken out a w of web addresses as errored saying can't post links

read upload

one multipage PDF

they wont do nowt in 7 days

so don't worry further until you return.

dx

and they

you need to read up on the court cases that have the same issue and PE lose their claims because there is no loss and the supposed breach of contract is not realy there as the details entered dont match another vehicle so they know that you have paid.

What their contract doenst say is you will be fined for making a slip of the finger.

they should have a system that rejects wrong entries into the keypad to pay

but they dont as they make more money out of shafting people for these errors and claiming them as breaches than they do from parking.

Do not take them so seriously next time,

going to appeal over matters like this is pointless,

you are better off waiting for them to threaten court

and then quote the previous case law back at them

and then tell them that it will be an expensive day uout for them if they continue to tell lies