Athena ANPR PCN - Lidls Bexleyheath

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lidl - Athena Civil parking charge notice received.

I admit I'm probably very late dealing with this but just had a lot on.

I did shop in Lidl that day, its a new shop and it was the first time I had been in there since it opened.

I have attached the parking charge notice and photos of where I'm supposed to enter my reg number.

The picture coming down the escalator to the car park there is one small sign and screen.

No sign at all on the doors leading from the car park into the shop, perhaps to tell you that you have to enter any reg numbers into a machine.

The picture by the tills (with two people blocking the screens) is where you can enter your reg number but you can see with people there you can hardly notice it and there is no sign on the wall above them to see either.

I was only there for 36 minutes in total!

I paid in cash and cannot find my receipt.

any advise please

Athena CPCN.pdf

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 10/09/2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] issue date is 15th Sept

3 Date received

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Athena

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl , Bexleyheath

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE IPC

the NTK is thus out of time

ignore then.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go back and read that link again....

and they

my bad small screen though it said 08.

and they

no,

plenty o hope but and that is why we need to see the NTK with your details redacted.

As they are IPC members they rarely rely on keeper liability so cant be bothered to do the paperwork correctly

this is their undoing when people dont pay up and point this out to them at the last possible moment.

Now, the NTK they sent doesnt say why you owe them £90 as it doesnet mention a particular breach of contract or whether it is a contrcatual sum.

Laziness or ignorance on their part, not sure which.

Now we need to see decent images of the signage to see if there is even a contract offered to you that could them be breached.

As with many things, the devil is in the detail and they will ignore any appeal so supply us with the stick to beat the with

I saw the NTK,

I was commenting that it doesnt fulfil the requirements of a legal one so it is just a piece of paper.

The signage says Lidl customers and says about entering car reg but doesnt say that Lidl customers who dont do this are liable to pay the £90 so the requirement to enter the vehicle reg is negated.

there are no other terms other than 90 minute limit for all so that clobbers any other claim.

One could ask if it costs £90 to park for 90 minutes as a non Lidl customer

does that mean it is free if you stay 91 minutes or is this then an open ended offer at a flat rate?

how do you pay the £90 if you accept the non customer parking offer, in store?

they have the wording the wrong way round to make complete sense

as you were a genuine customer then ask Lidl to get the charge cancelled.

If they wont no matter as the signage makes it clear there is no charge for customers despite the onerous requirement for entereing details.

Either contact head office of Lidl get the store manager to cancel.

If they wont then you should slag them off on social media such as THEIR twitter or facebook account.

All you will need to know is what time you were there ( well, the parking co tell you that) and a few of your purchases and their computer will find your transaction.

there are data protection issues over this kind of recognition equipment that ties your purchases to a vehicle but dont expect the ICO to be that interested.

If Lidl wont cancel apart from flaming them it doesnt change the interpretation of the contract so athena dont have an argument

Oh dear I don't remember what I bought that day at all! I have not had any further letters from them yet either, but also sold the car shortly after getting the first ticket, I assume they don't re-check keepers names and addresses though, but thought I'd have a further threatening letter by now.

Should I be writing to them then to say their paperwork is rubbish?

no

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

OH NO! They've found the red ink :lol:

Safe to ignore the PPC for now, but I'd still be having a pop at Lidl.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi Dragonfly.

Yeah the dreaded red ink :-) not too worried about that but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing nothing when I should be pointing out their errors etc.

I would have a go at Lidls but I'm not really sure what to say, I'm sure they'll only say " well you should have entered your reg....blah blah blah!"