BankFodder BankFodder

Robbo3577

CCA request reply from Barclaycard - unenforeable

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 813 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Barclaycard response below: I will only post the important bits

We refer to your request for documentation under Section 78 of CCA 1974, we need to advise you that , regrettably, we are currently unable to fulfill your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement with you and the agreement will remain unenforceable until such time as we are able to fulfill your request.

what this means for you

whilst discussions continue, we know that we're not able to enforce our agreement with you, but our rights continue to exist under the agreement.

your balance is £3,731 and you will need to continue payments, blah blah blah.

it is important to note that, where debt has accrued on your account, we will, where required, report to credit ref agencies, demand payment blah blah blah.

they acknowledge delay in responding and accept that they are therefore prevented from enforcing our agreement

they di however very kindly enclose a copy of short form cancellation and historic terms and conditions - why would I want those, lol

next action - IGNORE and see this as a winner ??

When did you enter into the agreement ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

cannot remember exactly - its possible it was during the 90's or may have been one I took out during my divorce time - if that is the case maybe 2005/2006

cannot remember exactly - its possible it was during the 90's or may have been one I took out during my divorce time - if that is the case maybe 2005/2006

:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just had a call from Robinson Way re the Barclaycard asking me to setup a payment plan, told him this is currently unenforceable and I do not intend to do anything else, thank you for the call GOODBYE, am guess they will now write to me