CP Plus PCN Data Protection Breach

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

Apologies if this has ended up in the wrong forum, but it seemed the most appropriate. It's regarding a data protection breach opposed to disputing a PCN.

I received a PCN from CP Plus regarding non payment of parking at Stratford International Station and ANPR "evidence" of my vehicle etc.

I knew full well I paid my parking and had a receipt in PDF form as evidence,

off I went to formulate my snotty letter with my evidence to refute their speculative invoice.

I normally write to the company,

however I figured I'd just appeal online as I knew they couldn't defend this one.

To my amazement,

when I popped in my PCN ref and registration it stated the PCN had been cancelled.

They clearly looked at the evidence after they decided to get my details from the DVLA.

As far as I'm aware, an unintentional breach of the DPA is not a defence, so clearly there's some questions to be answered here.

What's the best way of going about challenging CP Plus about their negligence and are there any authorities who I can write to to make them aware of their failures?

Thanks

complain to the DVLA and your MP

wont do any good

but as eric always says

one day the dam will break.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes, complain as they had no reason to obtain your details, they could have uses their systems to work out nowt was owed before they even asked for them. You can still sue, I didnt accidentally rob the bank because I then suddenly realised it wasnt my money after all