Car park with no barriers and no receipt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

In a high street i visit often there's a multi storey car park.

They had barriers with tickets that you had to validate before exit, so you couldn't get out unless you had paid.

Then they got rid of the tickets and started using anpr, so you needed to insert your number plate at the machines and at the exit the barrier would open recognising that you had paid.

So far, so good.

I went there yesterday and found that there are no barriers anymore, entry or exit.

Before exiting you need to pay at the machines which do not give a receipt, but just say "fee is paid, you can now leave" (or similar).

Ok, i thought, i pay by card so i have a record on my account.

To make it a bit more complicated, if you spend £10 in Asda you can scan their receipt and get 2 hours free parking.

My question is: If i pay for car park in cash, how can i prove that i have paid?

And what about if i have shopped in Asda in cash but then lost the receipt?

Even better, are they going to claim that after making payment, people stayed a few hours longer?

After all there are no barriers at all.

Your thought will be appreciated.

Thanks

now,

the contract is what is offered as you enter to park

in that way the barriers are a bit of a red herring

it also makes it harder to show that offer and consideration followed by performance of that contract have taken place

there will be different scenarios that can be played out that may result in a charge being sent out when none is due.

Examples being

someone just turning round in the car park and exiting without parking,

someone incorrectly entering their vehicle details,

errors with the payment/anpr system for the cameras misreading the plates.

All of these could have occurred before but the problem would have been instantly apparent.

I had such an event last year entering the wrong car park for a historic monument,

went in the car park next to theirs and had a hell of a job persuading the company whose land I was on that it was all a mistake

(they had payment by cash and tokens for"authorised" people so told me to go and beg a token) and I dont want to be there etc.

Now, with your example I could have just driven out but would then presumably get a demand through the post when none was warranted.

Now, with all the other points you raise,

that occurs with open plan anpr monitored car parks anyway.

Generally you can prove most of the time that you were elsewhere 4 hours later

the parking co's would be in big trouble if they deliberately set out to try that on with all of the punters.

where any system is open to abuse is where someone decide to just try it on with the occasional person such as the famous doctored pictures used by UKPC at a car park that made the news for things like a car boot being open for 2+ hours according to the crooked evidence

Thanks.

I guess the best thing to do is to pay all by card (Asda and car park) so there's a proof of payment.

If they start issuing parking penalties and altering the entry/exit time i let you know.

Can you please remind me how long they have to send the speculative invoice to the registered keeper?

Thanks.

Can you please remind me how long they have to send the speculative invoice to the registered keeper?

For a NtK after ANPR capture (so no NtD):

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4

s.9

(4)The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

so this actually happened to you then?

[PS its NOT a penalty]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...