Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1233 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Student loan from 1992- 1994.

1) For years I had been sending them deferment letters and proof of income.

Then it all stopped.

Next letter was from a Debt agency.

I replied mentioning ( and as far as I know it still holds good) that as I was considered a mature student at commencement of loan ,

I was now over the upper limit and loan should have been cancelled.

That was over ( certainly more than six years ago, possibly 10) .

2) Next came letters from Erudio and later Capquest.

I've not replied as I consider loan is over time limit and any action statute barred, and a reply may prejudice any statute barred rights I have.

Another reason for not requesting a copy of original contract from Erudio.

3) Now that Erudio have taken over pursuit of these loans, are these still considered as Student loans ,or monies owed to Erudio.

In short have Erudio bought out these loans, and if so, are Student loans bought by Erudio, not covered by the bar when invoking the protection of IVA.

If there has ever been a period of 6 years without payment or deferment, then the debt is statute barred and always statute barred. Replying telling them it is statute barred does not affect the debt in any way.

These old student loan debts were sold, but the terms/conditions applicable still apply. After a debt is sold, there is no change to terms, just a different debt owner.

Tell them the debt is SB in writing and you won't enter into further communications.

if they believe otherwise they can take you to court. If you ever receive a court claim which is unlikely, then you defend on basis of debt being SB and it would be up to them to prove otherwise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

protection of IVA?

sad yo entertained them

pers id be ignoring them

you've written to them from your current address

so no back dorr CCJ's.

ignore them

they are simply trying to fleece you.

erudio/capquest/arrows all the same lot

stuff all legal powers to do anything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks ,guys.

Nice to see that the T & C that aplied on the SLC debt still apply

- namely debt was considered null & void somewhere about my 60/65 birthday , from what I remember in the contract.

If pushed, I'll ask them for a copy of that contract first as it's a double edged sword for them .

Find it and that condition applies,

so it's go forth and multiply

- can't find contract and then it's stop harrassing me .

Then there's Statute barred .

At moment , I;ll just keep on ignoring them .

Bit about IVA ,was just conjecture .

I'd no intention of looking at one, apart from looking out of curiosity at what was covered.

And student loans were in the excepted category.

But if now owed to the likes of Erudio

- ( as they say ) ,does that take them into the non exempt category ?