BankFodder BankFodder

Rin

Told to change employer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 860 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was recently told that the department that I work in as a field engineer has been outsourced. The new company will take on all the staff contracts. I have been with the company for many years and would be happy to be made redundant, however they say that it is not possible as I either go over or will loose my job through choosing not to go. Is this correct or can I push for redundancy?

I was recently told that the department that I work in as a field engineer has been outsourced. The new company will take on all the staff contracts. I have been with the company for many years and would be happy to be made redundant, however they say that it is not possible as I either go over or will loose my job through choosing not to go. Is this correct or can I push for redundancy?

Yes it is correct. Redundancy is not something you can claim. It isn't a choice. You go, or you are resigning.

the law is designed to KEEP people in employment wherever possible. Which seems right.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thank you for the replies I understand now why it is happening like it is at work.