Gymworks - CRS (Credit Resolution Services) Advice / Help

spacedood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Back again for a little more help and this one is a Gym Membership issue.

Back in Nov 16 I joined our local gym (I'd previously been a member)

around June 17 / might even be little earlier in May I dropped in with a letter explaining that due to illness I could not keep up the payments and as I am self employed was unable to commit to any further membership until I was

(1) - working again and

(2) - back to normal health.

I handed it to one of the trainers (I'd been a member at the gym before for around 2 years and knew the trainers and they knew me) and explained and left.

Being wished well.

I then start to get letters from Harlands who firstly I called and ended up losing it with them and simply telling them where to go and now it's CRS.

I have been doing some reading on here this morning and last night and see that CRS/Harlands are one and the same and I don't worry about Debt Collectors given all the great advice I've had off here before.

I'm starting a thread so I can have a point to come back to if I need to but these idiots at CRS are now bombarding me with emails, they can't call as they don't have my number/s and today a letter.

I'm just a little worried about these idiots doing Court (Not Harlands as I have read they haven't since 2015 and hashed it) but CRS.

I should have sent the letter by recorded post I know, I've read that this morning here too.

Their T's & C's state they must have a doctors letter to accept the grounds but I'm not going to share my medical details with any gym or anyone else for that matter.

Can you give a little advice on what I need to do/expect.

I've quite frankly told CRS where to go and a little stupidly, in writing.

Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

as they are just dca's

you can say what you want to them

as they cant do anything about anything

other than pass it back to their clients.

They cant do court and win, they have to right to make a claim.

As you already know Harlands and CRS are one and the same why do you think that your course of action would be any different jusy because they have got a different coloured crayon out of the box

Thanks for just confirming what I needed to know.

Sometimes it's reassuring to hear your own thoughts from someone else, so to speak.

I'll keep the post informed if it goes awry. Thanks ericsbrother. :)

did you allow a payment after you cancelled

as you have to give 30days notice.

and the gym is?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I allowed 30 days and allowed one more payment. I knew I had to do that and I am sure I put that in the letter, I'll double check but pretty certain.

I'll disclose the name of the gym if need be a little later but it's not a major player such as Virgin or David Lloyd, just a small two site gym. I'm hoping to try and sort it with the gym and hopefully they will have my letter in a drawer somewhere.

time to ignore then

they don't do court anyway

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They've said most of it above already !!

Harlands and CRS are the same sad outfit. Harlands pretend CRS are a separate entity so it looks like Harlands have passed the matter onto a DCA but we're sure that's NOT the case at all.

You gave notice to cancel and paid the necessary final fee within the next 30 days.

The only area of doubt is that you didn't give GP evidence to Harlands or the gym about the illness and Harlands will try to tell you this is required before cancellation can be accepted.

We maintain they're wrong for for various reasons (they can't insist on GP evidence) but, in your case the gym staff also failed to advise that you provide GP evidence to them or Harlands.

What gym is involved please ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi SD,

I suggest you write a very short letter to Harlands saying :-

Dear Harlands/CRS,

I cancelled my gym agreement in accordance with advice from the gym staff - ie pay a final fee after giving us a month's notice.

I allowed Harlands to take one further fee after that, then cancelled the DD mandate.

I owe Harlands/CRS nothing more for gym fees or admin fees.

If you harass me further about this matter, formal complaints will be made about your conduct.

Yours faithfully,

Spacedood

Send from a PO and get a free Certificate of Posting to keep as proof.

Don't waste any more time with the gym as they won't help you further.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)