• Tweets

• urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks

angeljs

PIP assessor lied on his assessment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 617 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I applied for PIP and was sent for an assessment. It seemed to go fine, but I had a feeling I wouldn't get it, despite having mobility problems due to arthritis, IBS and a heart condition. However, when I received a copy of his assessment, I was quite shocked to see that he blatantly lied in the letter.

He stated that he'd carried out physical tests, which he did not. He stated that I could freely get both arms behind my head and back, which I can't, and my doctor would testify to this. He also stated that I could get up down off the chair and walk without difficulty, which I can't.

If it weren't for these issues, I'd feel fairly philosophical about being denied PIP, as on a good day I can walk more than 20 meters, albeit slowly, and I can prepare a simple meal, which seems to be the criteria for denying PIP.

However, it really irks me that he lied, and my son was with me the entire time and can testify that these tests were not carried out. Is there anything I can do to complain? I'm only aware of an appeal process, but don't feel that the outcome would change so didn't think I had valid grounds.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

Appeal, and inform your local MP too.

They all lie, it's what they're trained to do, they've been doing it for years.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply. However, appealing won't change the outcome, I just want to know if there's a complaints process.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

However, appealing won't change the outcome, I just want to know if there's a complaints process.

Yes there's an appeals process, a very well worn one too!

Appealing does change the outcome otherwise they wouldn't have an appeals process in place....you're forgetting that just because you can walk 20 metres and prepare a meal doesn't mean you're not entitled to PIP.

I can do most things, but on other days, I don't even get out of bed or leave the flat, it's these days you need to be telling them about, the days when you are at your worst, not the days in which you're feeling fine and dandy.

The appeals process will be in with their letter stating you're not entitled to PIP.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply. However, appealing won't change the outcome, I just want to know if there's a complaints process.

There is a complaint procedure, ATOS have their own, don't bother or waste your time and effort, from my experience and from reading other threads this is just a paper exercise, they and like your assessor will both rely on fabrication, no matter what.

There is also The Health Care Professional Council who and in all honesty are the same as those who deal with complaints within ATOS just make excuse upon on excuse they will both come back with the very same answer " its your word against the assessor's " and the assessor will always win, wrong but a fact.

The only way that you will be able to prove to the only person that knows the report is a complete lie, which most if not all are, is to yourself.

Put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration and within a month, which is an compulsory obligation for you to be able to appeal and if as expected that comes back as a rejection again based on a pack of lies appeal the decision, because appealing the decision is the only way you could seek justice.

I was in the same situation and like you a year ago, and won my appeal, if I learned anything from it, the time and all the effort complaining against these lemons was a complete and utter waste of time, forget them, as hard as it seems because you are angry, and rightly so, but they are not accountable for their actions, that's why they do, that's why they get away with it.

Just concerntrate all your energies on appealing the decision and don't give up.

Appealing could change the outcome angeljs.