• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Link Claim Form- old EGG card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant- Asset Link Capital (no5)

Date of issue –05 Oct 2017

What is the claim for – .

Particulars of Claim:

1.The Claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced .....and opened effective from 22/11/1999.

The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the

Defendant.

2'The Defendant failed to make payment as required and by 26/03/2015 a default was recorded.

3.As at 30/09/2016 the Defendant owed Barclaycard plc the sum of £5288.34.

By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective 30/09/2016 and made regular upon the Claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly thereafter.

4.And the

Claimant claims- 1. £5388.34

2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 county court Act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per Annum from 30/09/2016 to 04/10/2017 of £409.55 And thereafter at a daily rate of £1.12 to date of judgment or sooner payment.

Date 04/10/2017

What is the value of the claim? £6207,89

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 6th November 1999

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim- Asset Link Capital (no5)

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I still have it

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes I still have it

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes

Why did you cease payments?

I broke my ankle on or around the 18th March 2014 and was made redundant about two weeks later.

I had a part time job then and was struggling financially.

I now work in the gig economy being paid a fee for each job completed and things are even worse.

What was the date of your last payment? 4th December 2014 £53.00

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes they reduced the interest and allowed minimum payment

I then received various letters and statement of account from Link demanding payment.

They also telephoned and I explained I had no means of paying them.

On the 14th August, 2017 I received a letter from Link giving me 14 days notice that the account would be passed to Kearns Solicitors (which I have found is owned by Link).

I thought it was time to do something about it.

I then wrote to Link on the 18th August 2017 using the template on this forum offering them £2200 as full and final payment.

I said my mother would lend me the money.

I also explained my employment status and income .

They did not reply or acknowledge the letter.

On the 1st of September I received a Letter Before Action from Kearns demanding £5288.34 within 14 days.

I wrote back to them on the 6th September enclosing the Link letter and my reply.

I sent it signed for.

It shows they received the letter on the 7th September on the Post Office track and trace.

A few days or weeks later a Miss called from Kearns and I explained to her about my written offer and my letters.

She then called me back saying Link had put in a counter offer of around £4300 and that I had so many days to accept it.

I explained that £2200 was all I could offer.

I asked her to reply to my letters and give the counter offer in writing.

She declined

I had meant to write to them again but I received the Claim form on Monday 9th of October 2017.

I have now drafted a letter to Link (using the template on the forum) asking for a copy of the original credit agreement and I intend to defend the case.

I intend to send the letter to Link and the Defence and Counterclaim on Monday

Can I put in a counter claim for the distress they have caused by not replying to my letters and for saying I owed Barclaycard £5288.34 and £409.55 interest on the particulars of Claim? If so how much?

Barclaycard (but the original account was with Egg a division of Prudential Banking Plc.

I have a card issued in 12/05 still in my possession number ......

I have another card with the same number which expired in 11/11.

I have a copy of the original Egg Card Agreement dated 6th November 1999

but it does not have a number and I have not signed my copy.

I think they sent me the card regardless.

I think it was transferred to Barclaycard in May 2011 when Egg sold their business to Barclays.

I have a copy of a letter from Egg in response to my complaint about PPI dated 21 July 2011 and it refers to account no ......

I was then issued with a Barclaycard .....in 10/11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Hogyn Braichmel

Theyre trying to get a judgement by default., They havent got a chance of getting the original agreement on an 18 year old egg debt.

Also, and i could be wrong. their POC's arent even correct. Theyre trying to say half a mill in o ne sentence, then a couple though in the next?

Link very rarely enforce legit debts. THey prefer to go for ones where they think the debtor is gullible, and sinc eyou blindly offered a settlement figure... bingo. They got one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

link always write their POC figures like that. pounds and pence in one long line.

so 528834 is £5288.34p

do only as post 8 please and STAY OFF THE PHONE

never ever ring a DCA or their dogs..they are NOT BAILIFFS

you say you have the original agreement[dated 22/11/99] and the T&C's?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so you got the above all done yet?

and they

Yes all done yesterday. CPR 31:14 has been delivered to the solicitors. CCA still out for delivery to Link. Case also acknowledged online.

Yes I do have a copy of the original agreement dated 6th November 1999 (not 22nd November as they state on the claim form) and the T&C's.

Many thanks for asking dx and thanks for the assistance dx .

Could you please delete the copy of the claim form?

Please advice further when required.

done

magic you have the old agreement

it will be interesting to see what bogroll they magic up to fake the agreement for the CCA return...

and they

Keep us updated. It would be a miracle for them to come up with the original agreement, especially since they already got the date of the agreement wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Received this letter dated xx/10/17 on the 26th from Kearns

We write further to your correspondence dated xx/10/2017, received xx/10/2017

In order to provide the documents requested we require time to acquire, compile papers and forward them to you.

We confirm that a hold has been placed on the account and no default Judgement shall be requested within fourteen days of the date the documents are provided.

We do not consider it necessary to file an application seeking time to provide documents, though if you require such please confirm and we shall do so (though an order may be sought for costs for that)

If you wish to discuss, please contact the address at the top of the page or alternatively speak to a Litigation Officer on 02920 XXXXXXX who will be happy to assist you

Yours faithfully

Kearns Solicitors

Edited by Hogyn Braichmel

you file your defence on day 33 regardless

and they

" We confirm that a hold has been placed on the account and no default Judgement shall be requested within fourteen days of the date the documents are provided."

Cant request a default judgment anyway...you have acknowledged service and will be submitting a defence on time.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi - I have been unwell. Thanks for the above dx and Andyorch.

When is day 33 please? I know it is in the next few days but i have dyslexia/dyscalculia and have have specific trouble working out dates.

Is there a template on the forum for a defence?

Thanks

today by 4pm.

no templates

as each particulars of claim are different

however they have failed the CCA/CPR so the holding/no paperwork defence

available in any credit card claimform thread here will be useful to base your on.

post it up here 1st so we can check it

and they

Given that this claim was post Oct 1st......edit the following to suit.

Your particulars for reference only

1.The Claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced .....and opened effective from 22/11/1999.

The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the

Defendant.

2'The Defendant failed to make payment as required and by 26/03/2015 a default was recorded.

3.As at 30/09/2016 the Defendant owed Barclaycard plc the sum of £5288.34.

By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective 30/09/2016 and made regular upon the Claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly thereafter.

4.And the

Claimant claims- 1. £5388.34

2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 county courticon Act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per Annum from 30/09/2016 to 04/10/2017 of £409.55 And thereafter at a daily rate of £1.12 to date of judgment or sooner payment.

Date 04/10/2017

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. The Claimant claims £xxxxxx is owed under a regulated consumer credit account under reference xxxxxxxx. I do not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request who are yet to fully comply.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or any default notice served in breach of any defaulted payments.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied.The Defendant contends that no notice of assignment pursuant to s.136 of the Law of Property Act & s.82 A of the CCA1974 has ever been served by the Claimant as alleged or at all.

5. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and evidence any cause of action and service of a Default Notice or termination notice; and

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

6. After receiving this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 78 request for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants' particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have failed to comply to my CPR 31.14 request and also my section 78 request and remain in default with regards to this request.

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

there you go Hogyn

what a nice man andy is

you can go file that on the MCOL website now.

dx

and they

• 6 months later...

and

and they