Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I booked a one way flight online for my wife and I with Ryanair in December '19 for a flight from Spain to UK in August '20. The flight confirmation showed that the cost of the flight was €145.68 and that my card had been debited £133.01.  I don't recall being given the option of choosing to pay in euros or GBP but it is possible that I was.   On 5/2/20 they contacted me to advise that "Due to the non-delivery of the Boeing Max aircraft this summer, please be advised that there has been a significant time change to your Ryanair booking". It was in fact much more than a significant change in that it was a cancellation of a flight on that day from that airport which had been tailored to fit our preceding travel plans so I just asked for a refund, as I could not find a suitable alternative with Ryanair.   The refund was processed and Ryanair sent me an email stating, "We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account. The amount refunded to your credit/debit card is GBP 133.01"  When I checked my bank account I saw that they had refunded me €145.68 which when exchanged left me £119.58 leaving me £13.43 out of pocket.  On contacting Ryanair they said it was my bank's fault and not theirs as they refunded the full amount paid.  My bank advised that Ryanair debited my account originally in GBP therefore they should have refunded this amount in GBP.   I made an official complaint to Ryanair which they have rejected stating that I was in breach of their General Conditions of Carriage by not selecting the correct payment option.  I feel that because they did a currency conversion on payment and debited my account in GBP that they should have refunded the GBP amount that they took.   I also wonder how many others has this happened to and I smell a large rat. Could anyone offer any views on this, and/or if I have any comeback and where I could take it please?
    • So I received a further letter and a phone call from Ruthbridge yesterday offering a 70% discount and through a lot of waffle go on to say verbatim (I hung up the phone without admitting who I am):   "If you fail to contact us... we may return the account to our client (cabot?) who may look at alternative activity"   I'm guessing they know it's SB then as there is no reference to court, however they do state that the credit reference agencies will be updated to reflect "partially settled" should I take advantage of their offer - there is no HSBC/Cabot/Ruthbridge account showing on any of my credit reports.   DX apologies if you take it as I am being difficult or dim, however I remain concerned that the CCA request does not contain the words "I do not acknowledge any debt" or similar and because only a debtor can apply for the CCA (as I'm led to believe) then sending for this in 2015 has reset the date of acknowledgement of the debt - has this ever been used by a DCA as an acknowledgement of the debt?   Furthermore with the 2015 letters and 2020 letter having completely different amounts allegedly owed and reference numbers that differ from the original letters from Cabot and the CCA supplied back in 2016 this is giving me a further level of concern over the best course of action.
    • Hi everyone   Just want to say hello as a new member. Looking forward to reading, learning and hopefully participating in the forum.   C
    • Hi. Yes I want to keep the vehicle. I shall get my head around the upload procedure.   Thank you   Cheers
    • Yes the car was registered at the address and I was living there. 
  • Our picks

Jmulv

Claimed UC then submitted an MR and had ESA decision overturned.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 865 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I took part in a WCA not long ago (I've been on ESA WRAG for the last year and this was a reassessment). They found me fit for work but I hadn't been able to secure all my medical evidence in time so instead submitted it along with my MR and the decision was overturned and I got letter saying I had scored the 15 points.

 

Now here is the confusing part..... before I had all my evidence (and could submit my MR) I had to claim universal credit for around 4-5 weeks. I didn't fit the gateway conditions but I didn't have a choice at the time. I wasn't informed I am living in a "Live service" area and should have claimed old style JSA instead of UC

 

I was just told to claim UC, now that my decision has been overturned will I go back onto ESA or will they try keep me on UC? I'm concerned as it means I lose out on money and apparently will be subjected to harsher conditionality (And shouldn't be on UC in the first place). I don't even live in a full service area. Does anyone have any idea what will happen? or what my next steps should be?

 

There wasn't a change in my circunstances at all I was just forced to wait for more medical evidence and then appeal the decision and had to make a claim for UC or i'd have been without money.

 

Thanks in advance for any help. Universal credit is really making a big mess of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought that they would be obliged to put you back on ESA, if that is what you have appealed and you appeal has been accepted, its as you were so to speak, they put you in that position of having to claim another benefit ( UC ) "but for" the DWP you would still be claiming ESA, you are entitled to claim UC, you exercised that right whilst appealing the ESA decision.

 

Tell them that you want to go back on ESA and any benefit lost, should also be requested, the ball is in your Court now, not the DWP's, winning your appeal should in theory now give you the upper hand.

 

And you are right about UC, its designed to complicate matters, the DWP are masters of this.

 

Someone more qualified on this might have a different view, but clearly you want to go back on ESA, so request this and see what they come back with, but I think you will be ok and have tackled the main problem. SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...