Park With Ease - car park in Cornwall, August 2017

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

has anyone heard of this company Park With Ease?

I am asking on behalf of a family member, I did google the name and it said the company were a s c a m company?

Family member got a letter from them yesterday saying they had not paid for a ticket while parked in a car park in Cornwall, August 2017, so it has taken them this long to write!

The car park was one where there is a camera ( I believe) that takes car numbers and when you leave you go to a machine to pay.

The day they were there they and several other people were not able to pay as the machine was not working, they asked others there what to do and several said they had never paid there!

The letter says the fine is £60 but if paid in 14 days it is £30, the place is Maidencombe Beach

Any advice most welcome

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi Sandy.

Yes, we know a lot about Park With Ease and I doubt if your family member needs to take them seriously. Type Park With Ease into the Search CAG box at the top of this screen in the maroon strip and have a read of some threads.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

tyvm, HB, I will pass it on, it is my daughters boy friend that we are helping x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I will ask her when I see her :)

better to get them up on CAG themselves SD

is this the only letter they have received?? IMPORTANT

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes dx, it only came yesterday, the letter said it was August it happened but was dated October in the letter

if it was a windscreen ticket then they have 29 - 56 days to send the NTK.

this might help you:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, we really need to see the letter so we can be certain that it is ANPR and not a follow up to a ticket slapped on the vehicle that has mysteriously disappeared, a bit like the UKPC ones do in the B&Q car park round the corner from me.

I have seen the opertive place a piece of paper on a vehicle, take a picture and then remove the paper but didint have my camera with me at the time.

The wording of the 2 types of letter is very different so seeing it will help us know what part of the POFA they are relying on to issue and also whether they have got the wording anywhere near correct as key phrases must be used or gin it doesnt count for anything, let alone create a keeper liability

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

just seen this on the page for said car park

Parking

Parking is some distance away. The pay and display car park operated by Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust.

I will try and get more info asap

PWE operate a payment portal that doesnt work that well. This means that they have no locus standi if the agreement for the car park is with Torbay and Countryside Trust but that wouldnt stop T&C T from taking action but they are too late to even start the process and PWE are not alloed to pass on the keeper details or they breach the DPA.

In short, this will have no legs but that doesnt mean they wont try it on

ok, I now have the form via download but not sure how to post it here

read upload

pdf please

and they

have no scanner

have also been told my daughters b/f emailed them after getting the letter to appeal it as it said to but he just heard back the appeal been rejected

well I hope he didn't use the word I or ME as if he did

hes just shot himself in the foot!

you have a mobile phone camera

or a

Digital camera...

read the guide

and they

no sorry, my phone is just a basic one and no camera atm, my daughter took the pictures on her phone and sent them to me

I have no idea what he said to them dx, he not the brightest of people and has a short fuse!

said or wrote?

if he wrote something we need to WHAT EXACTLY he has sent

so you have the pictures already

why cant you redact them and post them as a pdf to cag?

and they

hi dx, all I know is he emailed them to appeal, yes I have the pictures on my pc now, I did try post them up here on CAG, I obviously did not do them right!

read the upload guide

it tells you how to redact them and post them up

and they

here

doc.pdf

redacted the PCN number for you

dx

and they

ok so if he sent his appeal by email

a copy will be in his email APP sent folder

get him to send that to you

and you can copy n paste it here

then both bits will be ready for EB in the morning.

dx

and they

The NTK was sent at leat a month too late so appealing was the worst move he could have made. We now need to know EXACTLY what he siad in his appeal so we can determine whether to advise ignoring them or sending a rebuttal letter for ther claim has a lack of performance to the contract (if you cant pay because their equipment is faulty you cant be penalised for not paying).

However all parking co's are greedy and most are run by people too thick to know the law their industry uses so even that may not be the end of the matter.

would alos love to see the signage at the entrance to the land, around the car park if different and what is written on the ticket machine because if they are different there is little chance a contract was formed at all.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I will try and find out what he actually emailed to them, his is not the registered keeper of the car, only the driver, bear in mind he is a hot head and getting anything from him is not going to be easy, a mummy's boy!

I will see what I can find out, they did not take any pictures as far as I know of the car park or signs, have had a read on some site re this car park and seems other have had same problem?