style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my ESA stopped which is now pending an appeal, I have had to do a joint claim to claim UC, what a nightmare this has been.

My original claim was from the the 23rd June and they have in therefore paid me four weeks instead of five, 23/06/17 - 22/07/17 that will be paid on 29/07/17. so in other words they are paying me four weeks but not paying me until the 5th week but not paying for the 5th week.

As I have come straight over from ESA the seven day waiting period and as I understand it cannot be used by the DWP so why has a week been deducted and why if my claim started on the 23/06/17 and payable on 22/07/17 not reaching my account until a week later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and as per norm why do they make the simple things not so simple,.

To put this in simple terms as it can be confusing.

Your claim is based on your cirs between set dates eg 23/6-22/7 you will then get paid based on what you tell them. Its payable the following week as the computer needs to send the info to the banking then it get checked then paid.

This is the same every month always based on circs the 23rd-22nd before payment.

You will always get paid the same date each month eg the 29th unless its a weekend or bank holiday.

Uc is paid monthly like a job will be. You tdsa get paid 5 weeks wages so why 5 weeks benefits.

I am not on uc but a friend is and l help him with

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 4 weeks later...

I made the mistake of stating in my application for UC that there were 3 people on the tenancy agreement, when in fact it is two, me and my wife.

My Council have and on considering my application for housing benefit have indicated that the award for housing giving by UC is £202 less than should have been awarded.

I have contacted the UC and they have indicated that the underpayment is probably due to the fact that I incorrectly stated there were 3 people on tenancy agreement as opposed to two, and a genuine mistake, which would not have been made if I actually spoke to a human as opposed to doing every via a computer.

Will or is a backpayment due?, I have updated the correct information via the internet and through my journal now, as always any help would be appreciated.

TBH l don't know. I know that you can get back dated other things, eg ESA support group, but that's it. In all fairness l would leave a journal entry asking for it and explain why. Say you don't understand the form the mistake won't have been made if you had been able to have the help of someone. If they reje t it then go to MR

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Received a letter this morning about being evicted because I am in rent errors that have calculated since being dumped of ESA support group and having to apply for UC.

My landlord highlighted that the information that UC had sent them was incorrect and as a result the amount in rent awarded and what would be included in payments was some £200 a month short for the allowance for housing.

Since I have pointed this out any entitlement to backdated payment in order for me to pay went has been held up, and in my opinion, quite deliberately as the UC and my landlord cannot communicate an initial mistake made not by me, but them, giving the number of bedrooms in property, which is 3, but their information stated there was 5 bedrooms which is wrong and they are now aware of this.

Seems to me that they are using their miscommunication of facts as a means of delaying any underpayment being met and until my landlord and UC work out and agree to how many bedrooms I have I am falling behind in rent as I cannot afford to pay until the correct amount is awarded.

Its so straight forward but the cynic in me is telling me that the delay and whilst my rent increases and giving the time is being done deliberately which if true, and I would not in the slightest be surprised if this were to be the case, is another example of how these puppets treat Claimants with complete contempt.

UC have stated that 14% reduction because we only use 2 bedrooms in three bedroom property, I assume this is for bedroom tax?

I have just been awarded a discrepancy payment over the same period based on financial hardship by Landlord, would this have any effect on what we may be entitled too for housing benefit paid via UC.

And is there any truth in the fact that UC would have to pay a months rent in advance, as always advice would beappreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, as the rules and regulations are complicated in respect of UC, my doctor gave me a fresh certificate to say that I was unfit to work and signed me off for three months, early July.

I have filled out and sent back work capability questionnaire.

Am I or will I be entitled to any extra money or should have I been giving any extra benefit for being classed as untit for work?

I was in the support group before they stopped my ESA on the grounds that I failed to turn up for a medical assessment which is now subject to an appeal.

In theory my ESA was not stopped because of any assessment but because I did not attend an assessment, and the reason for that, DWP never gave notification, had they and like all the others before, I would have attended.

Hi, I am currently on UC I have filled out the fit for work form and have been signed off by my doctor who says I am unfit for work for a further three months, this after a previous certificate was provided confirming I was unfit to work for the previous three months.

I was previously in receipt of ESA and in the support group and in receipt of DLA, under the UC rules does a claimant or is a claimant entitled to any benefits if deemed unfit to work as opposed to not being able to find employment.

Any help would as always, be appreciated. SF

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter this morning that I need to attend a medical assessment.

Giving that I have just been awarded PIP on appeal, and the Tribunal have evidently stated that I am unfit to work until 2019, do I need to attend?

Any advice would as always be appreciated.

SF

Received letter this morning that I need to attend a medical assessment.

Giving that I have just been awarded PIP on appeal, and the Tribunal have evidently stated that I am unfit to work until 2019, do I need to attend?

Any advice would as always be appreciated.

SF

They are two different benefits. You receive ESA because you're unfit to work. You receive PIP because you have a health condition which means you have care and /or mobility needs. Whilst some of the criteria does overlap, there are some differences.

ESA and UC are slightly different - with ESA, you just get your ESA every 2 weeks. with UC, you get your element what was ESA (or whatever group they place you in) every month. If applicable, you'd also get your housing element paid with your UC too. Whereas under ESA, you either had it paid to your landlord or it was paid separately to you.

I have to attend an medical assessment in regards to my claim for UC.

Giving it has taking me a year to establish the last assessment that I had trying to claim PIP was denied and predominately on a fabricated medical report, which seems to working and relied upon by the DWP, I want to be able to record this upcoming assessment.

What rights, if any does a Claimant have? because giving that we are now living in an age where simple technology could remove any doubts in what actually does happen at these assessments, it would appear that such denial to some proof as with a lot of things associated with the DWP, are ancient, out of touch and and motivated in gagging claimants.

I am going to write to my useless MP who has disappeared since I have giving him facts and documents to show how the DWP are treating people and going to demand my next medical assessment is recorded by my wife.

It would be in the interest of the public, for this recording to be made, in the likely event that the assessor lies.

Hi Spitfire

When you say your wife recording the assessment, how are you planning to do that?

Hi flofilee

With a mobile phone..

Or by any other means that say for argument sake, would be admissible in law, civil or criminal.

If I believe fraud is going to be committed and it is in the public interest, or in the interest of public justice, surely I can exercise that right, don't know, but it seems ancient and unequal that medical evidence being gathered could be deemed, mere hearsay.

I want to ask the Assessor some questions, and be able to rely on their answers if needs be, recording them removes any doubt.

no covert recording would be admissible in law, civil or criminal

you do realise that if you use the search cag box of the top red tool bar

there are literally 1000's of threads on it

that invoke the 'self help' ethos of CAG that you appear sometime to forget.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

UC is paid 1 month in arrears, just like most salaries

Attend the Medical Assessment, you have experience of consequences if you fail to attend.

Several MPs and the Press may be interested in your story, if you contact them.

Hi flofilee

With a mobile phone..

Or by any other means that say for argument sake, would be admissible in law, civil or criminal.

If I believe fraud is going to be committed and it is in the public interest, or in the interest of public justice, surely I can exercise that right, don't know, but it seems ancient and unequal that medical evidence being gathered could be deemed, mere hearsay.

I want to ask the Assessor some questions, and be able to rely on their answers if needs be, recording them removes any doubt.

Er No... It doesnt work like that...

If you start recording without consent of the DWP workers etc whoever they maybe then it could delay it further.

Bad idea...

As DX says... Go have a read... :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis