CarsUk DW Fitness.

moldemort
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is really long winded but I need to get the whole story out in it's entirety.

Last year i signed up for an off peak student membership at DW Fitness in Canterbury for £22 a month.

To tell you the truth I did not use the gym often but nonetheless I kept up with my payments.

At Easter my mental health took a turn for the worst and by June I moved back home {not in canterbury or kent} so that I could get the care that I need,

I must also express that I am autistic and epileptic as well.

As I decided that I was not going to back to University after a poor academic year and it's best for me to just focus on myself as of right now.

I was advised to go to my bank at cancel my direct debit which I did so in June.

On 6th July 2017 at 09:32 am DW Fitness telephoned me in order to ask why they were unable to charge my account for the month of July I informed them that I had cancelled my direct debit to which they informed that I need to give them notice before hand and that I would have to reinstate my direct debit for the month of July.

Panicking and and already extremely unwell I complied and reinstated the direct debit.

While on the phone with them I asked them to cancel my membership in August to which the woman on the phone agreed with.

At the end of july I went once again to my bank to cancel my direct debit understanding that come August time my membership would have ceased to exist.

Roll on two months later,

I received several emails and calls from DW stating that I had not payed for the months of August, September.

Initially I ignored these as I had been told in June that they were going to cancel my account.

However on the 8th October 2017, I received an email from Cars.UK a debt collectors telling me that If I did not pay the sum total of £70 then they will take legal action against me.

I have written to them explaining my side of the story.

This is the email I have sent them [removed certain details]

Dear Sir or Madam,

On 6th July 2017 at around 9:30 am I was contacted by DW Sports informing me that they had been unable to charge my direct debit for the month of July.

I informed them that I had cancelled my direct debit to which they informed that I needed to give them at least a months notice and that I should reinstate my direct debit with them to which I complied and asking them to cancel my membership which they informed that when August came my membership would end.

Before the beginning of August I went to my bank once again to cancel the direct understanding that I would not owe them any more money.

For almost two months I did not hear from them until in late september they began to contact me demanding payment.

Initially I ignored these emails and calls because in July they told me that by August my membership would be cancelled.

On sunday 8th October however I had received an email from you demanding payment for £70.

I had my father ring up DW Sports as I was too distraught to talk to them myself, them having caused numerous panic attacks.

They informed my father that I had to sign a form in order for my membership to be cancelled to which I had not been informed,

nobody told me that I had to sign anything and if I had known I would have made the necessary arrangements to travel down to Canterbury.

I am Autistic and during the recent months I have been extremely ill, my stress levels are extremely high which is a cause of concern for my parents as I am also epileptic and stress can often induce tonic clonic seizures which in some cases can be fatal.

Sincerely

[insert name here]

A few things to note is

I'm unemployed

I don't receive any benefits

I'm not well enough to work so therefore I have no income.

Could perhaps someone help me or at least advise me on this matter?

Simply ignore Cars and anyone else chasing this. Nothing is going to happen. They are not going to take you to court. They are powerless and simply rely on making threats. At some point they will give up, but they might not confirm this to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

moved to the gym forum

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Moldemort and welcome to CAG

Please don't worry about this matter. There are hundreds of threads here showing that threats made by gym admin companies are just hot air and they KNOW they will never take the court action they so often threaten.

You cancelled the DD in June 2017 and this was adequate notice of your need/desire to cancel. After that, you only needed to pay one further gym fee.

What exactly did you pay in each of the months June, July, August September and October.

When you tell us the answer, we can advise you what to do.

Do NOT call the gym or CARS again as this will get you NOWHERE. We will tell you how to proceed as we've been dealing with gyms and admin companies for many years.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)