Cabot/Restons MBNA Card CCJ and i didnt know i had it. ***Resolved***

they've had over 4.5yrs 'to do something'.

don't be fooled that they didn't knoww where you were at the time of the CCJ..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All a solicitor is, is a guy with a library of books on law, he picks up the book relating to their clients case and reads up on it.   Then charges the earth for doing so, IMHO solicitors are as us

Thanks, the fees changed on 3rd August to £14. I paid over the phone and they confirmed it was the new fee for N245.

As the judgment must be more than £5K if the court fee was £410.....I would be submitting an application to get a monthly payment in place( N245) ...then you wont have any worries if and when the Bailiffs will come knocking.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The info from the court is in post 24 and all i ever received

. It doesn't state how to pay so I’m assuming they can ask the full amount.

Are you saying I should try and resolve? 

There is also a link to Cabot website which I haven’t accessed but indicates that a payment plan can be agreed electronically or a reduced settlement amount. Is that not an option? 

As it approaches 6 years its obvious they will execute the judgment for that amount.....if you make application to vary the payment first they cant execute further.

Put it through the court not Cabot...then its rubber sealed....fee is £50

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

It came from Northampton bulk, is that where i return?

Also on the document it asks for the warrant number and local number, the only  numbers i can see in the documentation is a case number and the account reference number do i use these?

i believe the fee is being reduced to £14 from 3rd August.

Yes if it was a default judgment.

Claim number.

I have submitted the form to the Northampton County Court.

Just to confirm the fee for this is now £14 if any others are doing the same.

In the meantime i have received another letter from Cabot this time referring to an Abbey National overdraft of £1200 from 2007.

I know for a fact that any account i had with Abbey was closed that year as it is the time i entered a joint dmp with my ex.

I also know 100% that no payments have been made since July 2013.

Any payments that were made prior to this did not come from my account.

Am i right in thinking overdraft debt is treated differently to credit card debt?

also do i wait until they submit some form of detail about the debt or do i make a request?

there is nothing in the letter, just the usual we want to work with you.

Posted (edited)

Bless them not (Cabot haha) trying it on , see if what ever they send next?   Abbey National? long time gone.     Statute of Limitations act comes into force ?  dependant on your location & last contact with them,     

Limitation Act 1980 - Wikipedia

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks,

my communication only started with them recently when i discovered the CCJ which was the main purpose of the thread and subject to N245 which i have submitted.

No details at all about Abbey just a reference number and as you say Abbey became Santander in 2010 long after i had closed my account with them.

I will wait for the next letter...................

I'm sure it will be along soon but I'm tempted to ignore all communication around this unless something specific arrives.

Ignore......not sure how you got away with a fee of £14 fro the N245......its £50 as per HMRC fees.

Thanks, the fees changed on 3rd August to £14. I paid over the phone and they confirmed it was the new fee for N245.

• Like 1

So it has......thanks for the heads up

• Application to vary (amend/change) a judgment (or order), suspend enforcement or suspend a warrant of possession or stay a High Court Writ. £14

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/904862/ex50-eng.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Andy

Just to let you know my offer was accepted and at least i can stop worrying about further action.

Thanks for the advice.

N245 was successful ?

:thumb:  Topic title updated.

• Andyorch changed the title to Cabot/Restons MBNA Card CCJ and i didnt know i had it. ***Resolved***