Excel PCN - Peel Centre Carpark Stockport **WON** Keep your Ticket!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excel parking control this particular car park. On the 31st of March this year I parked my vehicle there. On the 10th of April ( 10 days later) I received a. Penalty charge for non-payment of parking on that date.

Fortunately I had kept.the ticket which confirmed I had paid.

They used every trick in the book to make me pay (all to no avail)

If you park in Stockport I suggest you use the Council car parks . I have for years with no problems.

Obtaining money by false pretences used to be a crime.

Now it's DVLA assisted.

MAKE sure you keep your ticket!!

Edited by uaruman
Clarity

its not a penalty charge...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stacks of reports about the machines at this car park. Read the Parking pranksters blogspot on this and you will find other examples that may be a guide for you should they continue to pursue you.

In short they wont win a court claim but that wont necessarily stop them trying to abuse the courts system to bully you into paying up.

it is not padantry, it is a crucial difference.

This is one of the reasons that so many people either pay up or ask for advice,

they get a little ticket that looks like a parking fine,

is labelled PCN so it is a deliberate knock off of penalty charge notice wording you get on council penalties.

We always point out this difference as it makes people aware that it isnt all doom and gloom

and that any company that uses deceptive practices in one area is likey to use them in others

and they all so often do not disappoint in that respect.

Once this is known people are emboldened to challenge them

Let's get the spelling right first. It's pedantic not pa. I have dealt with these clowns for years and all I gave was very simple advice KEEP YOUR TICKET! That the DVLA are complicit is just an afterthought ( read all about clampers and various concessions)

OK, I have Multiple Sclerosis and a brain tumour to boot so have difficulty with my co-ordination so often hit the wrong keys. What is your excuse for your rudeness?

Also access to the DVLA database has always been available. just that when they banned clamping the concession to create a keeper liability if certain conditions were met was created and that also allowed approved contractors to access the database without having to justify each and every request.

The DVLA have failed to ensure that this access has not been abused but the way they do so is laughable.

I agree that people should always keep their tickets for a good while because these claims can surface quite a time after the event even if the parking do doesn't rely on the POFA to create a keeper liability. This theat don't tend to be the worst of a bad bunch and are happy to be inventive with reality

Let's get the spelling right first. It's pedantic not pa. I have dealt with these clowns for years and all I gave was very simple advice KEEP YOUR TICKET! That the DVLA are complicit is just an afterthought ( read all about clampers and various concessions)

Without putting words into Ericsbrother's mouth, I think the point is that your first post included a rather important factual error which was correctly (if brusquely) corrected by DX. You responded by accusing him of pedantry.

Ericsbrother pointed out that there was a crucial difference between Penalty Charge Notices and Parking Charge Notices, but in doing so misyped. You then attacked him for that arror. (sic)

Without needing to, he then mentioned the physical problems that he has, to explain his typographical errors. This make it all the more remarkable how much time and effort he has put into researching the subject and offering exceptional advice to so many coming to the forum.

Your advice about keeping any parking fee ticket is well founded, it is a point that has been made many times here, but please do not be offensive.

• Haha 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

The whole point of this post was NOT to ask for advice. It was to warn, and at the same time, advise people to keep their parking tickets (for obvous reasons).

(not too sure if you have ever heard of H Division and it's famous tie?)

Edited by uaruman
Clarity

The thread is relative, although sadly, several individuals seem to have totally misunderstood the purpose behind it. Please close and I will write an article on this issue and the frauds which are being perpetrated on innocent motorists.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks