CPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre Hounslow TW4 6IQ Now Gladstone Letter Before Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We went to the Embassy last year on 22 Aug 2016 where I got the parking charge notice from CPM car park management that I parked at the private property location and a charge of 100 pounds due within 28 days of the date of issue.

I couldn't able to see any board saying that parking is not allowed there

I got the parking ticket from the pay machine and put it in my car

when I came back I got this notice.

I returned back to the receptionist and asked about that

she said that every day they get people complaining having parking tickets like this.

I have kept on ignoring letters I received from DRP for a long time

I got the letter before claim from Gladstones today saying that they have been instructed to commence legal action against me to recover the amount due.

I have attached the received letter before claim.

I have never made any correspondence with them earlier but now I am planning to do so.

Please advise me what I am supposed to do.

It's been more than one year

and I get so stressed whenever I get the letter from them :(.

vista_centre.bmp

May I suggest you convert your letter to PDF format Chat ....then our users can read it ?

Regards

Andy

PS Welcome to CAG

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what was the land you parked on?

If it was part of the embassy then it is a foreign country and they cant use UK law.

Please give us the exact details of everything,

was it a ticket on your car etc,

what letters have you received and on what dates ,

what have you done in response etc.

what was the land yu parked on? If it was part of the embassy thenit is a foreign country and they cant use UK law.

Please give us the exact details of everything, was it a ticket on your car etc, wat letters have you received and on what dates , what have you done in response etc.

Common myth, embassies are not considered foreign soil and laws dont apply.

can we have the link in post 3 done please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

visa centre so not embassy.

On google you can see a very small sign at the entrance but it doesnt appear to be clear as to what it is offering from the prespective of a driver's seat.

We will need to know all about the details so we can advise

what was the land you parked on?

If it was part of the embassy then it is a foreign country and they cant use UK law.

Please give us the exact details of everything,

was it a ticket on your car etc,

what letters have you received and on what dates ,

what have you done in response etc.

Sorry for the delay in my reply:

I got the Parking Charge Notice by CPM kept on my windscreen on 22/08/2016 - asking parking charge £100.

Letter from CPM (FORMAL DEMAND) on 23/09/2016 for parking charge £100.

Letter from DRP on 27/10/2016. - I am missing this letter but the letter on 11/11/2016 referenced about this letter.

Notice of intended court action- unpaid parking charge £149 from DRP on 11/11/2016.

Reduce Payment Offer of £126.65 avoid court action Letter from DRP on 29/11/2016

Letter from Gladstones Solicitors asking to make payment £149 to DRP - 30th March 2017

LETTER BEFORE CLAIM from Gladstones Solicitors to pay £160 - 4th Oct 2017

I haven't done anything in response so far.

can we have the link in post 3 done please

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 22/08/2016

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]what date is on it 23 Sep 2016

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Y

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Y

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] I didn’t appeal.

5 Who is the parking company? CPM

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vista Centre Hounslow TW4 6IQ

is there anything on the flipside

and they

wording of NTK is absolute garbage,

fails to have any of the key phrases to create a keeper liability

and doesn't mention other bits that show who the creditor is so not even a proper invoice.

This means that if they do try the court route they have failed to follow procedure by invoicing you in the first place.

I suggest that you respond to Gladstones in the following manner

Dear Will and John,

Your threatogram sent on the xxth of MONTH has failed to frighten me into paying the non existent debt because we both know that

1) the NTK sent has failed to create a keeper liability because the muppets CPM use for advice before composing it havent bothered to read the POFA and

2) they have failed to provide a NTK as required by the POFA, theirs is just a bit of scrap paper so badly composed it doesnt even say who the creditor is.

With regard to the last point I assert that the driver at the time has settled their obligations with the landowner,

who in the absence of a proper invoice from your client or anyone else is the creditor and you client has no interest whatsoever in this matter.

Any futher action by them will result in just more cost for no gain by them and I would be minded to claim for the breach of the DPA that was the result of them obtaining my keeper details without good cause to do so.

The rules of membership to the SRA point out that you owe a duty to the courts and act in your client's best interests.

I would suggest that you then tell your clients to stop listening to people at the IPC who have advised them badly and made them think that their claim has some merit when it patently doesnt.

The point of this letter is that Gladstones and the IPC are one and the same

dca's even solicitors acting in that capacity rely on ignorance and fear to get money out of people.

With the new CPR's brought in for LBA's or letter before claim as some like to call them

even dca's are obliged to spell out exactly what is owed and how this debt came about

so the likes of DR+ making up the amount of £160 when the original parking amount was £90 or £100 is enough to get the claim reduced in court or chucked out for not saying how they arrived at this sum despite the dca not being a party to the actual claim.

now, by sending this letter or something very similar makes it very hard for CPM or Gladdys to repeat the same when it has been pointed out that the claim fails on several points

so they either go back and start again or they drop it as carrying on and ignoring this letter would be a very risky strategy for them.

It may be that CPM are thick rather than greedy and actually believe what they are told but they certainly wont do it twice.

At this stage doing nothing is no longer an option,

there are more errors that can be gone into in greater detail if the need arises

but this is enough to create a paper trail and let CPM know what fools they are if they continue to believe the hyperbole of the worlds greatest solicitors and an "International" parking trade association that supposedly vets its members signage and practices yet still allows them to send out stuff that is just rubbish when all that is needed is to copy the exact wording written in the Act.