Debt Managers/Restons claimform - Old Next CAT debt

Gwolst77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Debt Managers Services (Solihull)

Date of issue – 04 October 2017

What is the claim for –

1.The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Next Directory dated on or about Jul XX 2010 and assigned to the Claimant on July XX 2016

Particulars a/c no - XXXXXXXXX

Date Item Value

XX/09/2017 default balance £1250 (this figure is rounded up)

Post Refrl Cr NIL

What is the value of the claim? - £1250

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? – Catalogue (Next Directory)

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? – 2010, however I need to check that as I believe we had an account before 2007. But to keep things simple let’s use the 2010 as the date.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. – Debt Managers

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? - Not sure we did receive a letter stating that debt had been purchased by debt managers through the post last month

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? - We don't believe so as we had moved abroad, and we had all mail forwarded.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? - We don't think so

Why did you cease payments? – September 2012

What was the date of your last payment? - September 2012

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? - No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan - No

Hi

Got another claim issued from Rectums, this time for an Next online account.

So far so good with my previous dealings with them, I've heard nothing back since submitting my defence to the court.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?479648-Arrows-Restons-Claimform-OHs-old-cat-debt

I assume the approach is the same, Defend All on the MCOL website, CCA to DMS and CPR to Rectums?

The only real difference between this and my previous dealings with Rectums is this CCA will probably be after 2007, so I need to quiz the partner when it was actually setup as it is their account not mine (could have sworn we had the account before 2007).

Claim Details

ok all good

yep exactly the same MO.

take date could be the key here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All claims issued from 1st October will have a different approach re the defence because of the following........

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice.-1st-Oct-2017(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Please dont use the standard holding defence.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

std reply rectums give to every CPR request

if you go read other rectum claimform threads,.....

don't miss defence date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

I did all the steps and the claim was stayed.

I then received the attached PDF late last week, it's a photocopy of the signed CCA, an account dump of transactions and the notice of assignments.

Now that they have proved ownership of the account (and the CCA was signed in October 2014) am I right in now assuming it's time to go back with repayment proposals?

I was thinking of offering a full and final settlement figure at 75% of the total amount outstanding.

Restons - Next CPR.pdf

Upload what they have sent...redacted

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Not sure what you mean by you post sorry

Nothing is redacted in what they sent, I removed any personal information from the covering letter.

But I have recieved

1 page of the signed CCA (photocopy but the signature looks correct)

multiple pages of the account transaction history

Copy of the NOA from Next

Copy of the NOA from DMA

So are you going to upload them for opinion ?

What a load of tat.........the agreement is illegible and incomplete..the Notice of assignment is possibly okay...not sure what the other docs are supposed to be...so ignore their 14 days and let them make application to lift the stay.

Andy

Thanks Andy, it does seem they are waiting for me to admit to the debt and come forward with some sort of offer of payment.

So I will keep stum for now until I have to respond.

If they do lift the stay, at a high level what are the next steps for me?

You challenge their application and submit a witness statement in response with your objections.....a few I have listed above for starters.

docs merged thread tidied

and they