BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 913 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening

We took out cap one card in 2002 and have put in a mis-sell complaint that's been rejected. We did receive cheque due to Plevin side of things.

Cap one said we ticked the box during the internet application I swear it was application from magazine and tbh I don't even think we had internet but anyway.

They say PPI was requested by tick box and if the relevant sections were blank PPI would not have been added to the account.

They say no interaction with a cap one representative when PPI was purchased.

I had already sent SAR to them and copy of application they sent me has no tick.

We would never have ticked for PPI

can anyone advise us on whether we can carry on as I'm thinking shouldn't they be proving they box was ticked ?

Any help is appreciated.

I would suggest you phoned them and 'activated' the card but you activated the PPI

well known CAP1 sc@am, little sticker on the card when you got it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Yes do remember activating the card. But can we still fight against the mis sold claim or take it to ombudsmen now?

You didn't activate the card

It was already active

The sticker said

Call to activate

That was in relation to the PPI leaflet they sent with your card

Well known cap1 PPI sc@m

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Activation was for the card (Security in case lost in transit and misused) in 2000+ not PPI , if you wanted PPI after you rang them!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

nope sorry don't agree.

too many examples of it being for PPI.

well I activated my card == no PPI 24 others I know did the same and no PPI 2001

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: