Lowell solicitors re old 02 debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just looking for some advice please.

I have been trying to get Lowell to prove a 'debt' to 02 that goes back to 2012..

the debt is for £181 and all they keep telling me is that it is for a phone contract.

On Friday I received a letter form Lowell solicitors saying they now have the debt and that I need to talk to them about paying it.

. today however I receive a very strongly worded "Letter of claim" letter with several pages for me to input all my details and reasons for why I have not paid.

I emailed them and this is the reply I got back from them,

I am just wondering if i do have to actually provide them with the details they are asking for?

I have sent them the "Prove it" letter from this site via recorded delivery as well.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please be advised that if this is the first email we have received from you, we require some information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 so that we can conduct our security checks.

Please confirm:

Our reference number

Full name

Full address, including post code

Full date of birth

By replying to this email, you also confirm that you give authority for us to record this email address and correspond with you by this method.

We are currently experiencing high volumes of emails. We aim to respond within 5 working days, once we have satisfied our security checks. Please note that until we receive the above information from you, we will not be able to deal with your correspondence.

If you are responding to any contact that suggests that we may take further action against you within a specified time, please call us on the below number as we cannot guarantee that we will have seen your email before this action is taken.

If you wish to speak with a member of our team, please telephone us between 8:00am and 8:00pm Monday to Friday or between 8:00am and 2:00pm Saturday on 0113 335 3334.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do you have a belief that the debt is real or totally wrong?

If the latter then you get them to provide the O2 references and take the matter up with them directly rather than through Lowells,

who will just have a ref no and an amount so they can set about their collection activities.

I wouldnt use email to correspond with these people ever, nor phone calls.

make them spend money on letters rather than allowing them to harass you for free.

they will pass on your details to god knows where if you use email