Rocky Roadster

Old A+L MBNA card debt - now Being chased again..SBd??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 688 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Have I made a mistake?

I had an unenforceable credit card debt from 2010 has been passed through the following companies:

Alliance & Leicester/ MBNA/AIC/Aegis/Wescot - Bank of America /Arrow Global/ Wescot/ Scotcall/ Vanquis Bank.

In 2011 Letter from Arrow Global said Scotcall is no longer managing your account. It will now be managed by Vanquis Bank on behalf of Arrow, who will be in touch to let you know contact details and offer you the "Avant Programme".

Never heard any more and 6 years later was offered a small credit card which I thought would help me rebuild some credit. The account is in order and I have managed pay it off each month.

But...

The card is from Vanquis Bank! and I have started getting letters and calls about the other account from AIC again.

It feels a bit uncomfortable.

Should I worry?

Cheers,

Rocky

Your post is somewhat confusing....who was the OC for this " unenforceable debt " ?

Alliance & Leicester/ MBNA ?

Your new card is with Vanquis Bank ?

Why are you connecting them ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for the confusion Andy,

The credit card came from Alliance and Leicester and was chased by AIC who said they would have to go back to MBNA to get the CCA. It was then passed from pillar to post and ended up with Vanquis. Hope that's clearer.

I didn't associate the name when I got a new credit card offered by Vanquis and I am wondering whether I have poked the wasps nest metaphorically speaking.

They obviously have my details confirmed. Why else would they chase a 2010 unenforceable debt. It could be a coincidence, but. My question is, does having a current credit card with them and an old unenforceable debt as well, pose me a threat do you think?

Cheers,

Rocky

Absolutely no threat whatsoever.

The original debt is SB, end of.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka,

I was wondering whether I should write and remind them that it is SB?

I guess the effect of my debts, and being chased for years, has made me a bit jumpy.

I have as little to do with banks and debt as I can; except for this one limited credit card that I only use if I can pay it off each month. "Casting the money lenders out of the temple," makes perfect sense now.

It is a better way to live and I'll do without rather than go back to borrowing.

Cheers,

Rocky

Arrows don't pass debts to vanquis

More likely sold the debt to provident and you got a new start letter under their later name of vanquis

SB,d anyway ignore them

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks Bazooka,

I was wondering whether I should write and remind them that it is SB?,

God NO! Don't do their dirty work for them, let them either work it out for themselves, or waste their money and issue a claim, which will cost them, and you hold the trump card!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!