Smart ANPR 2xPCNs - the Coop, Bingley Road, Saltaire. Bradford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received three separate private parking tickets through the post. (£60 paid within 14 days, £100 within 28 days, £110 paid after 28 days for each ticket.)

I appealed to POPLA on the basis that this was a recent change in conditions at the site where previously; parking time was based on from getting a ticket to getting back in the car, and new conditions were from point of entry to the car park to point of entry by ANPR and that the recorded excess times were only 28 seconds, 6minutes 56 seconds and 2minutes 12 seconds respectively.

I got three separate cancellation notices all stating:

"You will be aware that a Parking Charge Notice was issued to you recently.

We can confirm that this charge has now been cancelled."

Later we received three more parking tickets with exactly the same date and times as the original notices but with new reference numbers. I did not appeal these tickets as I thought the company had simply made an administrative error.

I then received three separate letters from a debt recovery agency chasing a further increased amount (£160 each ticket). I rang the agency to inform them of the cancellations and they asked me to send them proof.

I sent copies of the cancellations.

This is the reply:

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs state that all drivers must make a valid payment to park.

On the dates in question, no valid payment to park was made and a PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result.

PCN's xxx, yyy and zzz have all been cancelled. They were sent out with the incorrect location on in error. A cancellation letter was sent, and then the correct PCNs followed (aaa. bbb and ccc) which are still open on our systems and no appeal has been received by our client.

The cancellation letters made no mention of why they were being cancelled or that new ones would be issued.

Can anyone advise me of where I stand?

thanks in advance.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore the dca and as the new letters will be miles too late so ignoring them as well is the best course of action.

What you do by trying to sort the matter out is admit being the driver and that menas they dont have to use the protocols of the POFA to chase you in that capacity.

Now, do you have both sets of letters?

If so then that is enough to defeat any claim as void because of the cancellation and they cant reissue because there is no law that allows them to.

If it was only the dca who has been back in touch

stop playing letter tennis and

NEVER speak to them on the phone,

it is just a recipe for harassment as they capture your details and then keep texting you.

Block their email address and their phone numbers

DCA's never have any powers or say in anything their clients say or do anyway so

cut out the middle man and ignore their stupid taradiddles.

Once you realise they are just rentathreats life becomes simpler

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

There were three tickets issued for the sake of clarity this is the answer for one of them:

1 Date of the infringement: 29/06/2017

2 Date on the NTK: 05/07/2017

3 Date received: can’t remember

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes; number plate shot of entry and exit from car park

6 Have you appealed? Yes, using Money Saving Expert / Resolver web site.

Have you had a response? See opening thread

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking

8 Exactly where [car park name and town]: Behind the Coop, Bingley Road, Saltaire.

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check here: It does not say, but it is the BPA.

Is this Scotland?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore the dca and as the new letters will be miles too late so ignoring them as well is the best course of action.

What you do by trying to sort the matter out is admit being the driver and that menas they dont have to use the protocols of the POFA to chase you in that capacity.

Now, do you have both sets of letters?

If so then that is enough to defeat any claim as void because of the cancellation and they cant reissue because there is no law that allows them to.

If it was only the dca who has been back in touch

stop playing letter tennis and

NEVER speak to them on the phone,

it is just a recipe for harassment as they capture your details and then keep texting you.

Block their email address and their phone numbers

DCA's never have any powers or say in anything their clients say or do anyway so

cut out the middle man and ignore their stupid taradiddles.

Once you realise they are just rentathreats life becomes simpler

Thanks for your quick reply,

Does my appeal to POPLA imply I was the driver? I never said I was, and in fact I wasn't and can prove I was at work 20 miles away at the time.

I have all the letters, the original notices, the cancellations and the re-issued notices.

I think this is all I need as everything else is immaterial after the cancellations; is this true?

My fear is that although it did not say anything on the cancellation, it was because the original ticket had been issued in error (with the wrong location), the new tickets were issued with the correct location.

The problem is I assumed they had upheld my appeal and hadn't noticed the different locations, and so didn't appeal the second set of tickets.

If this goes to court should I stick to this line, or should I also have details of my original appeal (Change in operating conditions leading to small excess of allowed time)?

Thanks for you advice on the DCAs, certainly I was worried by their replies, but now I can see that they were merely trying to impersonate court like language with phrases like "My findings ..." taradiddles! I like it :-)

it doesnt matter what your appeal to POPLA says

, those tickets aren't the same according to the parking co's pet gophers so the new ones are timed out for keeper liability anyway.

DO NOT give the dca any credibility, they have none so just look at what the lae says

. They issued the NTK too late so stuff them.

Do not respond any further unless they send a lba and then you let them know in no uncertain terms that you will be after them.

If they are stupid enough to go beyond a lba then you will have them on more than one set of reasons and most motorists are not given that luxury.