Lowells claimform - old cat debt

minmac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a court summons today from lowells from a debt I had with a catalogue that was defaulted in 2013.

Is it too late to phone them to make an offer etc? Really do not want a ccj as I'm just getting over all my bad debt and have had this default for 4 years. Don't want to add another 6 years on.

Thanks

Thread moved to Financial legal Issues forum.

If you would read the following link that explains the process and copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice on how to deal with the claim.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks.

I am not planning to defend this.

I phoned lowells who have extended it for 6 months so I will pay 6 payments to pay it off and will not receive a ccj.

I did cheekily ask if I could have a 50% off deal or something but that was declined.

Glad I won't be receiving a ccj.

You should phone the court and make sure they have withdrawn the claim - if they haven't you'll get a ccj by default - don't trust them !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Unless Lowell actually withdraw the court claim, you will get a CCJ by default, as you did not acknowledge and defend.

Don't trust Lowell to withdraw the claim.

Acknowledge it first and say you will defend in full.

Then no CCJ will be issued and your record will stay clean.

The court claim will be stayed and you can just pay Lowell as you have arranged.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You don't have to post it and that is probably not wise.

There are instructions with the court claim about how to acknowledge it online.

I don't think you have much choice, if Lowell don't withdraw the claim, but to say that you will defend in full.

Then in the defence which i think you will have to add at some point, say that you deny the claim being made and have contacted Lowell finance already to come to an arrangement.

Don't do anything yet.

I can't remember the options on the claim form.

Others will advise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Get that link done please!!

You don't need to pay this

Its a speculative claim

Who says you owe it??

A powerless DCA they are not bailiffs!!

Hope you've not paid them !! Don't!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with others - Do not trust Lowell - they issue many thousands of claims, and will almost certainly just get a Judgment in default rubber stamped without referring back to whether they have 'agreed' not to for a particular case

As for a discount, defending the claim and allowing the process to continue would have established whether they had the paperwork required to take the case to Court anyway and even if they did you would have had an option to mediate where they would almost certainly have accepted a proposal to pay a reduced settlement. I understand how you feel - been there myself and have learned much along the way, going from accepting the CCJ before I discovered CAG, to defending and negotiating a 50% settlement where the case did not look winnable to defending right up to a Court date and Lowell discontinuing due to not having all the paperwork in the last case. I certainly would not pay any DCA the full amount now for something that they only paid the original creditor maybe 10% of the outstanding balance for

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!