style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone advise please.

Does any possibility exist now to exchange from a one bed council property to a 2 bed if the rent is cheaper?

Thank you for your help.

hi a20, yes you can exchange to either HA or council I myself have done it, just advertise your property on HomeSwapper, Gumtree, Preloved etc and state where and what you want, I am atm also trying for an exchange.

I have swapped from Council to HA with no problems

Hope this helps :) Good luck

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

happens a lot, especially of you want to move from London to a more rural location for example, you will find people very happy to exchange to a smaller place

I wanted to move to the suburbs, and I spent a few years advertising in the classifieds of local newspapers, as well as HomeSwapper, Gumtree, and the local council offices. Eventually got a move, mostly because a family member works for a Housing Association.

Searching for a precise match on a Mutual Exchange is like trying find your doppelganger - it can be almost impossible at times!

My own situation was the fact that my parents passed away nearly 20 years ago, and so was left on my own in a two bedroom property - at least I wasn't told to get out when they passed on despite what the previous council had told my parents back in the early 1990s as to continuing to live in the house if anything happened to them. As I wanted to move from inner-city to suburb (I am a sensitive type), and also the Bedroom Tax looming, it allowed me to kill two birds with one stone with the move.

Now I have made the move, I feel that I have stepped over a hurdle that I would have regarded as almost impossible five years ago.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]

I think I may not have been clear in my first post.

I am au fait with the exchange process and where to advertise and the frustrations which abound.

What I want to know is - in this age of bedroom tax - is there any point making an application for a 2 bed property from a 1 bed or will it incur automatic refusal.

Thanks, hope that is clearer now.

do your receive HB? if you dont then it wont ever be a consideration let alone reason for a refusal.