Anglian Water CCJ - Judgement Issued but not paid - now LCS Dca chasing Adding £40 costs.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1250 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Cut a long story short.

Helping a friend R.

He was taken to court by Anglian Water for a stupid small amount.

He paid it once realised and had mail access.

Case went to hearing and the claimant won costs.

Judge refused the £1 a week due to on benefits and said he had to pay £15 a month.

He cant afford this and told courts.

He had not paid anything.

Anglian has now passed the £120 on to LCS who have added a £40 charge and are demanding £160.

The £40 is a charge for transfer and admin charges.

I did not think they could add anything to the court amount.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

correct they cant do that

ignore them

deal with the claimant

when was the judgement?

when did he tell the court he cant afford £15PCM?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Another question. Are they still an Anglian water customer ? If so, are they up to date with payments for current supply ?

Why does your friend not try to make payments ( based on what they can afford) online to Anglian Water using the customer reference number* ? In the absence of another court decision to accept a lower payment than £15 a month, it might be wise to try to pay as much as possible per month. Water companies are known to take matters further, so i don't think it is wise to not pay anything, hoping it goes away.

*on bills received there should be a reference to use when making payments online. If it allows this, then you can just pay whatever amount by debit card.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread